Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 17:22
Any news on how V1.05 is coming along Lee? Could you give us a clue as to what\'s in?

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 19:04
An update would be nice. I still have major bugs with lightmapping and some of my characters turn transparent and all sorts of problems that need to be fixed.

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff THE FORUM IS UP! JOIN NOW AND GET UNREALEASED MODEL PACK! Space open for first 3 joiners.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2007 21:26
@JohannesM- I guess i am not understanding the problem. is it all sorts of problems or is it just the lightmapper? and if it's the light mapper i don't understand your problem. what characters turn transparent? are they from a specific pack or are they stock? What are the fx settings you have for them? have you retextured any of these models?

Regards,
RF

bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee is probably now working with FPSCX10, so I wouldn't expect a 1.05 soon...

Project FPS - 71%
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 00:05 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2007 00:07
Lee is also working on 1.05 he has already confirmed that. It is a known and confirmed fact by Lee that 1.04RC has a number of bugs in it. While Lee is (unfortunally) working on X10 for sure, he should imo first release a solid FPSC V1.

JohannesM, if you have problems let Lee know also what they are.

Quote: "Could you give us a clue as to what\'s in?"

Yes, bug fixes.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 03:18
If he could possibly fix low frame rate problems and all rest of bugs that'll be cool. I'm not distributing my game until that happens. All in all just something solid with ver 1.xx of FPSC then we can plan on getting into FPSC X10.

BSGAMEMAKER...
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 20:11
My characters (any) occasionally become see-through. Also my shadows turn green-gray. This only happens in a built game though.

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff THE FORUM IS UP! JOIN NOW AND GET UNREALEASED MODEL PACK! Space open for first 3 joiners.
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 00:22
yer i think that the team should work on fixing the frame rate...making FPSC more economic and not running 1000 things it doesnt need to
as well as lightmap probs like light going through shut doors
and to get rid of that horrible Debug error 0:0

If I Want It, I Want It

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 06:31
TGC is working on frame rate issues.
If you turn on a light and go in the next room and it is dark and you shut the door you will be able to see light through the crack between the door and the door frame...real life...
debug error 0,0 is a generic error message that FPSC gives you when it doesn't know what the error is.It is nondescriptive and there is a thread devoted to the subject somewhere.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 15:52
Quote: "If you turn on a light and go in the next room and it is dark and you shut the door you will be able to see light through the crack between the door and the door frame...real life..."

Sounds cool. Has Lee told you this?

Demon Sun.Coming 2007. Mature gamers Only!!

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 15:55
Read it again. Carefully.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 05:43
lol

EOT Check it out
http://eliteops.piczo.com
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 17:53 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2007 17:53
You can already sort of do this. If you do what fred said you can see a tiny pixel-wide gap around the door. Or at least I can.

If you say carrot really fast over and over, it sounds like gullable

<insert pun here> Yes! I Got one.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 23:07
This is good news!

Features can wait and we have enough of them to be getting on with anyhow. Frames per second is key to pushing FPSC games to the next level and obviously existing known bugs should be ironed out.

Glad to hear TGC are on the case with this, now I know that I'm happy to wait a little longer for the first v1.05 release to come out. In order to create both a visually excellent game and one that is playable enough to be immersive, the ability to push the limits of performance it essential.

I've experienced a couple of the issues above myself but got most of them working fine now in final build using v1.04 RC9 with a bit of tweaking
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 23:17
i've had the thing with light shining your weapon through doors and walls too, hope this gets fixed

A noisy noise annoys an oyster.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 00:21
Quote: "If you turn on a light and go in the next room and it is dark and you shut the door you will be able to see light through the crack between the door and the door frame...real life..."

Quote: "You can already sort of do this. If you do what fred said you can see a tiny pixel-wide gap around the door. Or at least I can."

You guys must be living in either old or badly build houses I've tried it and no light shining through the cracks at all. Perhaps is a special door feature only available in the US/UK?

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 00:49
You should be able to see the light shining through the bottom of interior doors.
Exterior doors are another matter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:31:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:31:04