Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Problems with new 1.04 update?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I heard alot of problems about the new update and the only real one I can find is that you can't adjust the size of the sidebar in the editor anymore. This is probably the same error that prevents you from picking out custom light colors because the button doesn't do anything.

Also, this isn't really a huge error but when objects slide into a field of light, they don't smoothly change color but do it very suddenly, almost as if it was lagging. Other than that, the DARKLIGHTS technology was very koowl.

Apart from that, only two things I didn't like:

1: New dust decal was totally uncool, so I like, totally changed it back.

2: Blood decals on the wall are like, transparent. This makes the blood look real fake, especially on dark colored walls. (this one makes me mad because I don't know how to change it)

Did anyone else have proplems?
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 02:03
Nope. Except for the crappy viruses that pop up, and they're obviously fake, and the rare slow-downs...no. Never had a problem.

GunCell: Chrome Soldier

Arriving in 2007.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 06:58
I am using v1.04 and I can adjust the sidebar in the editor.

That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't even download 1.04, it says the .zip so called "corrupt". Consider yourself lucky that you even got to download it.
ygy1
Years of Service
User Offline
no, u consider urself lucky, whenever i test game it runs in slow motion and i mean SLOOOOOW
i can run normal speed byt i can run past enemies, open doors and press switches in a room, practically do the entire level while theyre reloading. Also it takes about 5 mins for a weapon to spawn at start and same with opening doors.

ygy1
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, that's totally weird abou the side bars. Maybe it's a conflic with another version that I forgot to delete. Or maybe a conflict with windows?

Also, some of you probably already know this but with the new DARKLIGHTS, some objects, characters, and character weapons are not mapped when under a static light. It doesn't do this with dynamic lights though.

definitly a problem with static lights.
ygy1
Years of Service
User Offline
hey all just a update from my last post. listen i decided to just update absolutely everything to the latest version, this includes directX and graphics drivers. i dunno which 1 fixed v104 but hey one of em did. that is my advice to any1 with problems with v104 reading this. if it doesnt work for u then dont shout at me ok.

ygy1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:29:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:29:17