Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / STYX In Depth

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 19:00
We plan to release a series of tutorials for STYX. They will contain description of the each command and a small practical example including source codes.

The first part is released now:

STYX in Depth Part 1: Com, ActiveX and .Net
The example application is a very simple model viewer. It uses a DLL created in Visual Basic that displays a form with buttons that interact with the DarkBasic Pro application.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 01:25
Awesome. I just bought Styx and Play Basic. So far they are both looking great. This should help out alot

Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 19:16 Edited at: 7th Feb 2007 19:18
I'm getting styx after I get ezrotate. I've got my list. One thing I would have liked to have seen in Styx and that I'm still waiting for is a command set that supports anti aliasing. I mean like 2-3 commands would be all that's needed. A command to turn on and off and a command to set the level of anti aliasing. Maybe one to return whether the hardware supports it.

BTW: That link just redirects me to a lycos page with a link that brings me to another lycos page. Lycos is annoying garbage. Maybe just post it in a thread to be stickied.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 19:43
Lost in Thought:
Glad you like it and thanks for the support.

Tapewormz:
Quote: "One thing I would have liked to have seen in Styx and that I'm still waiting for is a command set that supports anti aliasing. I mean like 2-3 commands would be all that's needed. A command to turn on and off and a command to set the level of anti aliasing. Maybe one to return whether the hardware supports it."

Yes, however, due to the internals of DBPro that's not easily possible (if at all). I had investigated this issue many moons back and the biggest hurdle was that in order to change the aa settings you need to create a new D3D Device and pass it to DBPro which unfortunately isn't possible. I'll revisit this problem, though.

Quote: "Lycos is annoying garbage."

Agreed.
It's just a temporary solution until the proper Styx webpage is up and running.

Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 23:56
I checked it out. It's very nice. I really like the approach you and David T have taken with your documentation. It's very professional looking and very easy to follow, because it's laid out so very well.

You know, fileplanet will host your files for free. If the files are under a certain size, there's no waiting lines for non subscribers.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 01:15
Quote: "I checked it out. It's very nice. I really like the approach you and David T have taken with your documentation. It's very professional looking and very easy to follow, because it's laid out so very well."

Thank you.

Quote: "You know, fileplanet will host your files for free. If the files are under a certain size, there's no waiting lines for non subscribers."

Thanks, but I'll upload it to uwdesign.com later this week.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 08:29:27
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 08:29:27