Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Solutions to FPSC errors.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 19:51 Edited at: 15th Apr 2007 21:04
It seems like FPSC throws out many error even when it seems like you haven't changed a thing from the last time it ran! Or perhaps it runs fine for you but your friends are getting errors? Well, here's a list of solutions that people have come across that could possibly work:

Q: It won't work on my machine, it just crashes when I try to test / build a game. / It works on my machine but not my friends! He has the latest version of DirectX - 9.0c
A: There are many 'editions' of DirectX9.0c, just like there are many release candidates of V1.04 of FPSC. Make sure you and your friend have downloaded at least the December 2006 edition of DirectX. If you / he hasn't downloaded DirectX since December 2006, you / he needs to.

Q: A game I made yesterday won't work today, and I haven't changed a thing! It says the an object doesn't exists.
A: Have you ran some hard drive cleaning software in the meantime [System Mechanic, Norton Utilities, WinOptimiser or something similar]? That could be your problem. These 'clean' certain files that FPSC needs, you'll need to reinstall FPSC and any updates.

Q: I keep getting "This application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Extra Debug Info:0 0". What does that mean?
A: This a general 'catch all' error when FPSC doesn't know why it failed. Most of the time though it has to do with custom media, something you've made that FPSC doesn't like. Try starting from scratch and placing your custom media one by one and testing the game after each one, this should narrow down which media is causing the trouble.

Q: I've created custom segments but in game they are all white! There's no texture on them.
A: See next question for solution.

Q: Everytime I use a certain segment, I get an error and FPSC crashes.
A: It could be that the fps file for that segment is looking for textures that aren't there, or in a different place. Open up the fps file for that segment and look where it say "texture0 = ", "texture1 = ", "texture2 = " and so on and make sure the textures these are pointing too are actually there.

===============================================
;Segment Parts

partmode0 = 0
meshname0 = meshbankww2franceroomschateau_study_roomfloor_a.x
offx0 = 0
offy0 = -51
offz0 = 0
rotx0 = 0
roty0 = 0
rotz0 = 0
texture0 = segmentsDTIRooms4InsideRoomFlr.tga <this is an example>
transparency0 = 0
effect0 =
colmode0 = 1
csgmesh0 =
csgmode0 = 0
===============================================

Q: When I run my game, all the segments / textures are all over the place and look really weird and stretched!
A: This could be because you have FULL SHADER EFFECTS turned on. There's an issue for some people when they have shader effects on, try turning them off.

I hope these help someone and I'll try to add to it when I can. Any help is appreciated though

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
LD52
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 20:14
Good Advice! Keep up the work and add more! (And maybe it'll become a sticky )
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
Also, there have been complaints about shaders not working and turning walls invisible. I have the same problem and I have reason to beleive it's because the video card doesn't support shaders. I came to this conclusion when my computer wouldn't let me turn on shaders in NFS Underground but my brother's computer could.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 15:52
I'm not sure about this, but I thought I'd seen games
package directx? They would detect the version you have
and ask if you want to update it. Has anyone heard of this?

I'm still not convinced that this is the final solution.
It may help some, but some folks testing for me swear that
they have the latest and the game still bombs.
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
They probably think they have the latest but they actually don't. When a directX update is released they usually don't change the version number.

Yes some games package directX, but not usually the latest version.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 18:35
Has anyone come across any other errors that they've managed to find out what caused it? I'll add them to the first post to try to make a definite error list.

Seerzack
Years of Service
User Offline
[I keep getting "This application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Extra Debug Info:0 0". What does that mean?quote] not true it crash when you switch the atoumaticfloor to on in the preferences list. Trie self.

/seerzack
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 23:20
Quote: "[I keep getting "This application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Extra Debug Info:0 0". What does that mean?quote] not true it crash when you switch the atoumaticfloor to on in the preferences list. Trie self.
"

debug 0:0 is when fps doesn't know what happened.

don't use 'automatic floor', it always crashes...

A noisy noise annoys an oyster.
Il LeGaCy Il
Years of Service
User Offline
I got one that I need help with A LOT lol if you can I would really appreciate it something stupid but hey im new to it.

After going to test level, when I make my level it goes to an entitiy say a thug (Sniper) and says error 7007 object already exists at line 8025. I keep getting this and if I delete the thug or whatever then it will move on to a new object till I erase almost everything but a few lone entities.

If you can help me I would apreciate it. Thank you
dinsterzz
Years of Service
User Offline
hi

i made a simple 'game' but when i press build game it loads, but when i then click build game exe i get:
could not load image on line...
i was gonna type the details but now it works???

olso, fps creator doesnt work on my other machine...
i gives the "This application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Extra Debug Info:0 0"
so i dunno, installed and reinstalled alot, newest updates and drivers etc, it worked once but now no more...

ty
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 21:11
Updated the errors slightly

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:22:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:22:34