Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Some questions about FPS Creator..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A while ago, I saw FPS Creator at a store, and it was rated M!! I know the violence of it depends entirely on the personality of the creator, but is the default content really that violent?

Also, here are some other questions:

* When the X10 version is released, for those of us that despise Windows Vista to a point beyond words, will this version be kept out there?
* Can you make NPCs with conversations? I mean like, you walk up to a guy, press SPACE or something, and he will say something like "Are you cool?" and you will get some choices of what to say back to him.
* Can you have a third person camera?
* The maximum level size is 40x40x20, right? Just how big are these tiles? Am I ever going to have a level this big?
* Is it possilbe to use the level editor with your own game engine?
* Have there been any commercial games made with FPS creator?
* How hard is it to make custom objects/walls stuff for levels? Do you just make a buncha models and plop 'em in, or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks for any help you might give me.

-BigFish

The fish of your dreams!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 06:19
Quote: "FPS Creator at a store, and it was rated M!! "

What country are you in? Around here it's rated 12+.

4. if you have a level any bigger, nobody would want to play the game because load time would take ages.
6. yes
7. it's easy to get models into the correct format, on the fpsc website, there is even an entitymaker download.

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
Orange Fish
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm in the USA too! I didn't know there was a 12+ rating. I thought there was just the ESRB ratings: "E", "E10+", "T", "M", and "AO".

Oh, and do you mean that 40x40x20 is just the reccommended level size, but if you go any bigger it would take forever to load? Could you tell just about how big one tile unit is? I mean, is it the size of a small closet, or a swimming pool!?

Also, when I talked about how easy it is to make models, I wanted to know if, for example, for a custom wall, would I have to make one model for a straight wall.. one model for a diagonal wall.. one model for a L-Wall.. and so on, or if I just had to make one model and the program would do the rest.

Oh yeah, I really like to use Blender for all my 3D needs, and is it compatabile with FPSC? I've run into all kinds of problems with it using other game making programs, like none of the textures appearing.

The fish of your dreams!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 08:41
Its rated teen here in California.

Orange fish, I would like to introduce the "search Box" every single question you just asked, could have been found using a simple search. The fourth one hasn't really been answered though. There is a DEMO version that you can download to get the feel of it.

Tiggle Bitties

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 12:11
4)Every tile is 100*100*100.If you make a level as big as that,it would run slow.look crappy and take weeks to develop in a way that it looks a little bit normal.even using 50% of this amount of space isnt so common.

-Prince Of Darkness
Orange Fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay! Thanks for all of your help! I'll use the search box next time though...

The fish of your dreams!
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 23:28 Edited at: 4th Feb 2007 23:29
To make walls, and rooms, download or buy Signs IV.

Click here.

//// - - FURTHER SOLUTIONS - - \\\\
SELL YOUR GAMES AND MEDIA!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2007 23:31
A segment is approx 8 foot 4 in real world measurements.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 10:48
Quote: "* When the X10 version is released, for those of us that despise Windows Vista to a point beyond words, will this version be kept out there?"

Yes and according to TGC even updates will come.

Quote: "* Can you make NPCs with conversations? I mean like, you walk up to a guy, press SPACE or something, and he will say something like "Are you cool?" and you will get some choices of what to say back to him."

Yes you can, I've made scripts for this: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65207&b=23

* Can you have a third person camera?
No, only first person. Some tried to accomplish it, but I've not seen anything convincing. It's called FPSCreator, so it makes FPS games.
* The maximum level size is 40x40x20, right? Just how big are these tiles? Am I ever going to have a level this big?
No, you will not, since FPSC cannot handle it at all. Your level will take ages to load and then run at very low speed.
Quote: "A segment is approx 8 foot 4 in real world measurements."

Quote: "* Is it possilbe to use the level editor with your own game engine?"

No, it's against the license.

Quote: "* Have there been any commercial games made with FPS creator?"

Yes, but very very few, here's mine http://www.manifestogames.com/node/2424 It's the only comercially published title with FPSC. More titles by others are under development. But I need to be honest with you.... creating a commercial title with FPSC is a huge challenge and often the engine itself will work against you. FPSC is good, but buggy and limited in what it can achieve. Just look at it this way, the lack of commercial valid titles and even the lack of full games, shows that creating a full/commercial game with FPSC isn't the easiest thing to achieve.

* How hard is it to make custom objects/walls stuff for levels? Do you just make a buncha models and plop 'em in, or is it more complicated than that?
It's not to hard to do. For objects, you need to figure out the right scale, export to DirectX format and write a script that controls the model. Once you've figured this out it's easy. Wall is very easy, doors and windows a bit thougher, but if you get the hang of it, it's no big deal.

There are a good number of 3rd party applications like E.C.S., Signs IV, that can assist you, but often I find myself doing it manually.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 11:32
ok
i have a question to ask
how do i add guns to a player in arena mode??
im pretty sure u cant from memory but maybe someone has found a soultion??

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:27:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:27:25