Hello boys and girls, i've completed the final version of my game Retro fighter (Version 1.1) and it's ready for download, i'm having some trouble with my website so i uploaded it at RGT and directly linked the files from here, they are in two parts of a combined size of about 4.00MB. Extract the contents of both zip files into the same directory run the retro fighter exe file to start the game.
The competition version 1.0 was kinda unstable 'cus i was in a rush to complete it in time, several things didn't work, such as the score system and the badguys where of equal difficulty through out the entire game. Things i changed in this new version include:
- enemies optionally come with/use weapons.
- Bosses have/use thier signature weapons.
- Score system works so you can save the highest score.
- Bad guys get harder to beat the further into the game (block more often, hits take up more life)
- added pictures to the stage templates.
- optimized the game for better performance.
i'll focus more on A.I., enemy variety and non-linear missions in part ll so i'll have something different to do here are some pics, each taken from a different stage of the game.
The files are divided into two zips, extract the contents of the files withint he zip files into the same directory, you will understand when you start
file 1, 1.85MB:http://www.realgametools.net/forums/attachments/Part_l.zip
file 2, 1.79MB:http://www.realgametools.net/forums/attachments/Part_ll.zip
ok then, go ahead, try it out, any problems just let me know, any suggestions (sorry not working on this game anymore) then just let me know and i'll implement them in Retro Fighter 2
Things to Note
- i had to reduce the size of the splash bitmap to upload the game so don't be suprised if the splash screen is smaller that your monitor size.
- If you see the splash screen, and press a key, and nothing shows up on your screen the type a name on youe keyboard and press enter (using the input command text does not show up on some peoples computers)
There are loads of moves in the game, and i mean loads, check in the readme before you even attempt playing the game, another thing people always forget is
- If you hit a badguy three times in a row, quickly like a combo without him hitting back then he will get dazed, once he's dazed move towards him and you will grab him, after you grab him you can either punch, kick or throw him away.
- If you hold the charge button until it fills up you can do a different move when you press punch or kick, also if you hold the charge button till it's just above half and press kick or punch, you do a totally different move again.
everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.