Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Legal Rights

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey i was just wondering, what age do you have to be to be able to sell the games made by FPS Creator over the internet, via your own website. Do you need like a license or anything like that. I really need to know i don't want to get had up by the law for selling games illegally.

BJKDAW
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2007 23:23
For non-commericial, 12 and over. I dunno about commercial, though.

GunCell: Chrome Soldier

Arriving in 2007.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2007 23:31
Well in all actuality, no one under the age of 18 is able to be bound by any legal contract(could be 17 where you live) in America. This means anything. So any disclaimer you may make, would not actually have to be bound by any party buying your merchandise. Because you are in fact to young to make any legal contract. Your parent or guardian, by all rights, would have to be the go between.
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
And what does that mean in basic English and by the way i live in England is there a way for me to get a license to sell PC Games or anything like that cause i have set up a website already i am planning on releasing a trial by the end of September and was hoping to sell a completed game by the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

BJKDAW
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 12:12
what Loc is saying is that you are too young to initiate a commercial contract.

That means
a) Your licence would effectively be invalid
b) If you sell anything as a commrcial enterprise you have to pay tax on it. (this is UK yeah), and for all that to be legal and above board, you need to register yourself as "self employed" at the Inland Revenue website. This means you will have to keep track of your sales, and if you make over £4000pa you will have to pay tax. You can register as self employed if you are out of compulsory education, ie, you are over 16.

if you're not over 16, then you would have to get your parent or guardian to sell the game for you... how will you recieve money anyway?!

I realise thats a total bummer, but there ya go.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 14:04
I'd rather release them on the Internet for free download.

GunCell: Chrome Soldier

Arriving in 2007.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:25:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:25:14