Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Camera Issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2007 23:03 Edited at: 6th Feb 2007 23:05
I have written this code but cant for the life of me work out how to move the dam camera. All it shows is a box (which i can move) in front of the camera (which wont move even with camera position). Any help?

A Dragons Legacy...a blog by S.R.Deoden
"Look you son of a suitcase..." - Rinchwind yelling at the Luggage in The Light Fantastic
James Bondo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2007 23:12
Try putting in Auto Cam Off somewhere in the beginning.

Using Dark GDK.NET
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2007 23:35
The other problem is (iirc), is that SetCurrentCamera may not function correctly (needs verifying). Therefore, you setting current camera to 1, and positioning it etc, isn'g showing anything because your still viewing Camera 0.

Paul.

James Bondo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 00:10 Edited at: 7th Feb 2007 00:12
The problem i had was the other way around. I would always see the last created camera regardless of the Set current camera command.

link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=97173&b=22

Using Dark GDK.NET
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 00:16 Edited at: 7th Feb 2007 00:17
As far as I'm aware, this was supposed to have been fixed in the new DGDK libraries, which would also reflect in the new 1.0.7.0 release of DGDK.NET. It just has to be uploaded, but with all the changes apparently going on with Rich moving onto new pastures, I think this may be a short wait before the situation becomes more stable.

Paul.

[edit] typo

James Bondo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 08:25
Still waiting

Using Dark GDK.NET
Siolis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 08:48 Edited at: 7th Feb 2007 09:03
Soooo, what do I do to fix this as make camera should have set the camera to one and didn’t and I looked for the new release but can’t find what your talking about.

EDIT: Correction, found the update but my code still won’t work.

EDIT: Correction, got camera one to move fine and to get multiple cameras I can just edit its position, but silly for it not to work though.

A Dragons Legacy...a blog by S.R.Deoden
"Look you son of a suitcase..." - Rinsewind yelling at the Luggage in The Light Fantastic
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 13:04
Quote: "I can just edit its position, but silly for it not to work though."

Sorry Siolis, then you got it working or not?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 09:08
dbSetCurrentCamera is working just fine. It only tells the library which camera you are referring to when you don't specify it as part of the camera manipulation commands - it does *not* affect the draw-order of the cameras, and never has. Camera views are rendered in reverse-order of creation and always have been. What you are seeing in the original code is that camera 0 (which was created first) is overdrawing camera 1 (which was created last).

James Bondo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 12:05 Edited at: 13th Feb 2007 12:14
Then ,tell me why it worked with DGDK.NET 1050 build and not with 1060.

Something happened to the drawing of cameras, but they say its fixed now... just havent had time to test it.

Camera 0 was always behind camera 1... and nomatter what i put in "Set Current Camera", the camera commands was always moving or turning the last created camera (camera 1).

Edit: Just checked, and unfortunately i dont have that project anymore as i went with another effect that didnt make use of multicam.

Using Dark GDK.NET

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:13:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:13:28