Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / My space game- Solar Alliance!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 07:51 Edited at: 6th May 2003 07:57
Arggh!!
Pics aren't working...

"Not all that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost, not all that is old does not whither, deep roots are not reached by the frost..." - Aragorn (Strider)
Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 08:02 Edited at: 6th May 2003 08:08
All right, I zipped the pics so they'll fit better:
[href]http://www.cruzers.com/~camfam/Temp/SA Pics.zip[/href]
hope this works...

These are all unedited in-game shots (except for the cloaking and landing shots).

"Not all that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost, not all that is old does not whither, deep roots are not reached by the frost..." - Aragorn (Strider)
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 11:13
As with most screenshots very hard to really know what to say without seeing the gameplay.

You've an unusual take on going planetside is that picture drawn for each planet or is it a screenshot of a matrix or something? It could be a lot of work to do a picture like that for each planet.

I like some of the backgrounds.

Pneumatic Dryll
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
That's a nice sun you've got there! I like the way you are making the landscapes. The game should be really fast too because of the low-polygon counts!

Pincho.
Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 07:42 Edited at: 17th May 2003 19:00
PneumaticDryll: Actually I rendered the picture in Bryce 5 and slapped it onto the text and everything in Photoshop. I guess it could be a bit tough to do that for every single planet, but it's faster than drawing it or screen-shooting a matrix. Looks better too.
I was going to post the demo itself on my site, but it's somewhere around 4MB. I might try zipping it but I doubt that'll make it small enough...maybe...

Pincho: Thanks for the compliments! I made the sun in Photoshop (lens flares...purdy lens flares ). Actually, when I started out, I abused the object collision commands (dumb asteroids... ) and hated the experience (it ran at 15 fps tops ). Then I discovered math collision and I loved it ! Now it runs at somewhere around 30 fps (I was too lazy to get an actual count ).

Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 01:32
Now it runs even faster since I just discovered what Sync Rate actually does!

Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 18:59 Edited at: 17th May 2003 19:04
Now I'm working on making SA DBP-compatible so that I can work on it some more. I'm doing a complete do-over of the engine since my old one had too much spaghetti code . When I get the demo to be small enough I'll post it here.

sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 19:14
you know, 4mb isn't THAT big, ive downloaded a 1.2gig video off kazaa (i have got broadband though)

Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 05:02
Yeah, but my ISP only allows 4MB, and I already have 1MB on there . I thought about putting it on a free server, do you think thats a good idea?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:13:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:13:38