Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Noticed something in the dbpro dlls...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 23:44
Ok,so today,I was going and getting some functions from the dlls to use in c++,and realized something,if you actually knew enough about this,you could run dbpro through c++. Like,in the DBPro setup dll,it has functions like:

and more on that. I wanted to try it,but I have no clue what the stuff like @@YAHPAUHWND__@@PAU_D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS_@@@Z means...that is just confusing...and I don't think tgc would like people doing this,cuz that would sorta defeat the point of dark gdk(well,actually,dark gdk probably is a bunch faster to get setup). So,basicly,is it possible to get dbpro running through c++?

Hello
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2007 23:58
Yes, it is possible to make use of those DBPro DLLs in C(++), Delphi or other languages. IanM provided an interface for exactly this task, but took it back when the GDK was released.

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 00:50
I know that you can use commands in c++,but like I was wanting to know if its possible to actually get the dbp rendering window opened through c++,without having to use the dbp editor. Cuz those functions right up there that I posted had to be manually extracted through...dun dun dunnn....notepad.

Hello
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 01:11 Edited at: 8th Feb 2007 01:22
Like I said: "Yes, it is possible to make use of those DBPro DLLs in C(++), Delphi or other languages."
And this is exactly what IanM's interface provided. A nice and easy way to create apps using those DLLs without using the DBPro compiler itself.

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 21:08
oh,haha,sorry man,misinterpreted it then. Hm...sounds like fun,I'm going to go try and get dbp running through c++ now lol,this is gonna be hard,seeing as I don't even know where to start

Hello
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 22:36
Ok,I'm going to ask one question only,how would I setup the dbpro render window in c++? I tried creating an HWND window with the D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS,but that crashed. So like,without giving to much stuff away that would ruin dgdk,how would I setup the dbp render window in c++? (And yeah,I doubt people would wanna go in and get ALL the dbp functions to use in c++,so I don't think you really have to worry about dgdk being ruined when it does that for you).

Hello
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 19:35
ok,scratch that last question,which commands are absolutely necessary for creating the dbp windows(don't have to tell how to use them,I just wanna know what they are). Sorry for the triple post,and if I am breaking any rules of talking about this please tell me

Hello
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 22:02
you know more than most people here, and the few that do know have been asked to keep that info a bit secret,

Open86 --My Emulator (now with it's first super alpha release
I'm addicted to placebo's...I would quit but it wouldn't mean anything! lol
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 00:19
oh...didn't know that,sorry

Hello
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 22:33
almost have it working Not gonna tell how if I get it working,cuz that would be kinda bad for tgc...

Hello
Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 17:21
HANDLE can be done using windows api. I can post how to do this on my forums if you want.

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 18:32
You have absolutely no clue how much help that'd be dude. I have been trying to do this forever!

Hello
Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 21:29
I have posted how to do this in the windows api section.

Let me know if you need any more help with it. If you do post it in the my forums because it would be easier for me to keep track of.

Keep me updated with you project because I would be interested in how to do something like this for my program.

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 23:20
sent you an email 'bout my project. Its not ready to have anything said plublicly about it

Hello

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 08:12:07
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 08:12:07