Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The Guide to Awesome Games, by AI and Infantry Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 00:56 Edited at: 8th Feb 2007 03:05
OK, I have compiled many, many tips from advice, help, and manuals (thanks, Nickydude!!), and I am making my own FAQ.

I will post at least 1 to 3 hints an' tips for your games, and you guys are free to comment and give some helpful stuff of your own, but please: No flame wars. You don't want this thread to become flame bait, don't ya?

Well, let's go!:

1.0 Lightmaps
Lightmaps are a vital part of your gaming diet, and help tremendously with adding a "theme" for your game. Use soft lightmaps. ALWAYS. Full lightmaps look too ugly. Listen to the soldier, 'cause you gotta lot ta learn, kid.

Q&A:

Q: How do I make it so that a light is coming FROM the lamp, instead of out of nowhere?
A: Well, it's obvious. Place the light inside the lampshade, or on the bulb. Look around more, dude.

Q: How do I stop guns from floating?
A: Read the freakin' manual! Change it's .fpi script to either ammo.fpi, or weapon.fpi.

WELL GUYS, I'm too lazy to continue. back pains. I'm gettin' old, alright!? Continue, and I'll help out whenever I can. If you want some "personal" tips, those that you don't want the public to see, drop me a line at Spyman1_9@msn.com. And please; no spam mail! I hate it!

GunCell: Chrome Soldier

Arriving in 2007.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 02:48 Edited at: 8th Feb 2007 17:03
It seems like this is just another attempt to get a sticky. Plus your answers aren't "In Depth" at all.

but, anyhow, goodluck with this.....

Be sure to check the forum for special offers, and free stuff!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 02:55
I don't want this stickied.

Arriving in 2007.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 02:57
Everyone wants a sticky. But unfortunately this just isn't sticky worthy.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 03:00
I know. I suck at life.

Sarcasm, people.

Arriving in 2007.
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2007 05:16
There's already a FAQ here on TGC for FPSC, and I'm not sure but fpsfree might have one as well (if it doesn't, I'm sure it will in the future, they're definitely on top of things with that site), so I'm not really sure if this is all that necessary. But by all means continue, I'm sure it could (and probably would) become helpful/ useful to someone in the future after it's done

An idea though, if this isn't a guide, don't call it one. There's a difference between a guide and a faq. A guide offers insight into various topics and explains, with great detail, those topics. A FAQ is a series of questions with answers following them. From what I can tell, this is a FAQ. In my humble opinion, the name should be changed, but otherwise, continue with this idea! And maybe you could ask Xplosys to put this on fpsfree... I dunno, just some ideas, don't mind me hehe.

"In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:19:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:19:34