Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Strange invisible wall in My new cave!! (Screenshot)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 18:50
I have been working really hard today making a "Halflife looking" Cave.. Its ready now, and I did save it as an entity.. The cave is made of simple mesh so it can only be seen from the inside.. (And thats the point ofcourse!) Now to the problem, I was walking in My new cave and suddenly I courldnt walk any longer, I dont know what the problem is but it is like an invisible wall right in front of Me, and the enemys courldnt pass that point either! I took a screenshot of the cave, and the "invisible wall" (stop) is right where the Zombie is standing.. By the way, You can shoot thru that "wall", the bullets pass it but not Me or the enemys!
Have anyone had this problem before, or can anyone tell Me how to fix this problem? Take a look at the screenshot and see if You can find anything strange, as I said the problem is right where the enemy is standing..

AMIGA FOREVER!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 18:54
don't use entitys to walk around in, they cause all sorts of problems. cut it into 3 X 3 building blocks and make them all segments.

Woot Kingdom hearts owns!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 19:06
When you hit the invisible wall, try crouching and moving forward, can you then move?

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 19:13 Edited at: 9th Feb 2007 20:05
??? But making it as a segment will make it look like Mod Edit: do not attempt to bypass the swear filters...this is your only warning. I have made alot of houses and stuff as entitys, and never had any probs.. If You build things with segments it always looks so bloody "boxy", no natural shapes at all.. But if this is a bug (God forbid) Lee really have to take this bug as a first priority bug, and fix it at once! (Then it is a really serious one!)

AMIGA FOREVER!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 19:23
Nickydude:

"When you hit the invisible wall, try crouching and moving forward, can you then move?"

No, I cant pass at all.. But one of the enemys did pass after some time trying... By the way, it seems like the stop is right in line where the segments is weld together...

AMIGA FOREVER!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 19:39
Use the Entity maker,and set collision to polygons.

Should work.

-Prince Of Darkness
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 19:57
LOL! It was polygons I used.. Maybe I shourld try another number!

AMIGA FOREVER!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 20:03
By the way, can You make a cave that looks like this one with only segments? I heard that FPS Magic shourld be good, can You make a segment that are bigger than just one tile??

AMIGA FOREVER!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 20:03
Weird,it always worked for me using Polygons collision...

-Prince Of Darkness
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 20:37 Edited at: 9th Feb 2007 20:37
This kind of collision problem is usually caused by not placing the centre of the model over the centre axis in your modeling program before exporting.
If your using 3ds max you need to use reset xform.
All said and done you will find with an entity this big that collision problems still exist with enemies passing through walls.
best rolfy
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2007 20:39
you can put invisible walls in the entity then to let characters not get in the walls of the cave and the player cant get then either.

-Prince Of Darkness

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:30:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:30:55