Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Rotational Camera

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I’m trying to make a third person camera and simply cant find a way to keep the camera a specific distance behind the character object while keeping it pointed in the direction of the characters prospective.

Is there a function which can measure the distance from the camera to the object or one which will simply allow me to orbit the character object which I can then moderate?

SD

A Dragons Legacy...a blog by S.R.Deoden
"Look you son of a suitcase..." - Rinsewind yelling at the Luggage in The Light Fantastic
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2007 15:49
SetCameraToFollow might help

Michael Moore needs this film:Aaron Russo's America: Freedom To Fascism
RonPaul'08
Siolis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2007 16:24 Edited at: 10th Feb 2007 16:27
Tried it, it didn’t but I’ve worked out how and here's it:

Worth looking at I think because it’s a good way of making a 3RD person perspective imo.

I'm enjoying this now, got two of three of my camera perspectives done and my perspective adjustment left click thing. RTS view up next.

A Dragons Legacy...a blog by S.R.Deoden
"Look you son of a suitcase..." - Rinsewind yelling at the Luggage in The Light Fantastic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 09:41:36
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 09:41:36