Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Terrascape XIII Alpha 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2003 20:50 Edited at: 6th May 2003 20:54
Here we have a very early demonstration of my latest Terrascape engine, should be more compatable than the last release (XI Alpha 2.5).

At the moment this only runs at 1024x768x16 resolution because i've not got as far as putting in graphics mode selected etc.

No game yet, just a director mode that lets you fly about the map.

This version takes a very long time to generate the wave information - have thought of a faster now so am going to speed it up.

The significant improvement in this version is the size of the world, it's now a 2000x2000 matrix and supports half a million static objects on the map. I've populated it with some trees and bushes for now although i've got to tidy up the textures and sort out the bush object.

http://freescape.successionthebetrayal.com/TSXIII.zip

Pneumatic Dryll
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 01:47
Dloading now

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
pugmartin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 21:31
How long does it normally take for it to init?

Waited bloody ages but to no avail... Shame, looking forward to this. Looks really good.

Good luck anyway

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 01:02 Edited at: 8th May 2003 01:03
Some of the matrix tiles have lines around them. I have played a little with a matrix and had the same problem. Is it something to do with dbpro having all the textures on one big image? Pehaps it stretches the texture or does some sort of filtering on it before it splits the big image causing colour bleeding between tiles.

It could just be my computer of course.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:43:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:43:52