Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Could use some help with sound zones

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2007 23:32 Edited at: 10th Feb 2007 23:33
I'm having a problem with sound zones... the first one on my level works fine, but the rest refuse to play. For the level that's under the knife, I had my girlfriend say the name of the room, like "research lab" and "medilab" and all that. I recorded it in Cool Edit Pro and after some mild editing I saved those files as pcm wav's, placed them in a folder, and then dropped that folder into the FPSC folder (so the extension is FPS Creator/ Files/ audiobank/ [the folder I made]). The first sound on the map plays fine, but when I walk into the other sound zones, none of them will work, and they've all been done in that same exact format. Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Read the manual, but I couldn't find anything useful
2. Came here and searched the forum for answers, and came up dry
3. Changed the names of each Sound Zone. Instead of each one being "Sound Zone," they're all named after what they are, so medilab is now "ML" and so-on.
4. Changed the fpi scripts for each entity from "soundinzone" to "plrinzone," and that had no effect.
5. Got angry and yelled at my monitor, "work you [expletive deleted]," but oddly, this didn't help either
6. Tried replacing all of the sound zones with trigger zones because bah, why not, but it had no effect either
7. Came here and made this thread, which brings you up to date

Any idea as to what I might be doing wrong?

"In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe"
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2007 23:36
Attach the sounds and I'll have a look for you

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2007 23:44
An example of one of the sound files that refuses to cooporate has been attached... Also, I mis-wrote the path above and I just caught that while posting here, it's actually "FPS Creator/ Files/ audiobank/ User/ [the folder I made]."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 00:27
Ok, you've saved it as a 4-bit wav (no doubt to keep the file size down), unfortunately FPSC only knows 16-bit or higher. Re-save it as a 16-bit wav, I have and it worked.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 00:54
Woah, that's weird. I must have missed it in the settings, I almost always do it in 16-bit. Thank you!

Does FPSC support any other bit sizes? Can it handle 24 or 32? What's the highest it can do, does anyone know? This audio is going into "pod 9," the cheesy "hey, I'm learning how to use FPSC" game I'm making, but when I start working on higher-quality stuff, this would definitely come in handy

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 00:55
I'm sure it can handle 32-bit.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 03:58
Awesome, that's the most I'd ever need. I tend to do most (if not all) of my audio at 48000-32, I'm not a big 44100 fan. Most people say you can't tell the difference but I swear I can, lol. Anyway, thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:25:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:25:51