Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / No Crosshairs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:27
Im trying to make my game more realistic so im trying to make it so there is no cross hairs so you have to zoom in and use the iron sights instead. and also, how do i make it so it doest zoom in so much( cause i replaced scope texture with pic of iron sight) and so you cant scroll to zoom in more? ty in advance.
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 06:31
u cant make it so it doesnt zoom

Mods Its 500x100
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 07:06
The crosshair are just an image... I think, so those can be removed. But if the game can zoom with the mouse wheel, it is done internally and you can not affect it externally).

I would like to take the time to say how much of a piss poor job true combat (CS Ripoff) implemented this system, instead of being smart and making it MORE accurate to zoom in, they made it so your shots randomly veer off at very screwed up angles, not EVERYTIME YOU SHOOT, but only when you move... it makes a random point and aims at it. Yeah, I hated that game... don't even get me started on how burst firing doesn't improve accuracy and you can just hold the trigger down and get the SAME accuracy.

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 07:19
I wouldn't even bother with doing the iron sights thing. For some reason they decided to implent that stupid mouse wheel zoom thing to make it zoom like a billion times farther. They also had a great idea so you can't get rid of that stupid mouse wheel thing.

Halo Storm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 08:19
i changed the crosshair.dds (or something like that) and made the whole thing transparent but it still shows...
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 08:26 Edited at: 11th Feb 2007 08:41
*swears*
Well... I... don't know what to say. I thought it would work... but I guess it didn't. Oyasuminasi

If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 17:29
Iron sights aren't possible. Just delete the crosshair and replace it with something.

Halo Storm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 18:03
Can I at least make it so when you right click, it doesn't zoom in or that it beraly zooms in so much that you don't notice, but still shows the sights of the scope?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 18:06
No.It's hard coded into the source code.The only way to change if or how far the zoom will go in/out when you use the mouse wheel would be to modify the source code.

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 19:10
To get rid of the crosshair, can't you just open crosshair.dds and make it all black and save it?

//// - - FURTHER SOLUTIONS - - \\\\
SELL YOUR GAMES AND MEDIA!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2007 21:22
The only way, that I can see, to get 'Iron sights' is to use a hud overlay and disable zoom. The problem is, you would want to restrict player motion too, (possible plrmoveto= on key press). And make the shots inaccurate if NOT zoomed...

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2007 19:04
Ever played Valve's Red Orchestra, or Ubisoft's Brothers in Arms? Play 'em, and see how hard it'd be to implement that into FPSC.

GunCell: Chrome Soldier

Arriving in 2007.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:28:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:28:27