Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The Movies game + expansion pack; good choice for cutscenes?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have The Movies game and the Stunts & Effects expansion pack. Does anyone find this game useful for cutscenes?

OR

Does anyone know any software to import .max files into the msh format used in The Movies game?
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 00:06
You can't use your movies made with "The Movies" in another game... Lionhead Studios would have quite a bit to say about that, I think. But if you weren't going to distribute it and you're just experimenting, then yes, it can be done. Export your movie in the options menu and it'll become an AVI. I think it ends up in c/ program files/ lionhead studios ltd/ the movies, but I'm not entirely sure, I haven't exported a movie in a pretty long time.

"In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe"
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Who cares...lionhead can't exactly get in a struggle because somebody used it.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2007 01:25 Edited at: 13th Feb 2007 01:26
@Deathead
The point is legality around here. If you haven't noticed around here, the guys that actually make custom media of any kind are a bit anal about using anyone's work in a method other then it was intended. The reason is most of us are struggling to make enough stuff to make a whole game, so we realize all the work that goes into it. People being anal, is those peoples way of treating the developers of other media the way they would wish to be treated if the shoe was on the other foot.

So we're who cares. The people of the community your in and talkin that rubbish. I'd rather see a person use stick figures for his cut scenes knowing it's his work, or he can use it legally. What would be sad is going against a license with the hope your to small for them to notice so you'll more then likely get away with it.

The community around here has a tendency of watching for people with your views. Stealing is stealing, be it a penny or a million dollars. There are no shades of gray on this debate, only black and white.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 05:32:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 05:32:54