Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] VISHNU 1.2 Fpsc media protection utility For Sale Now!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 22:09 Edited at: 19th Mar 2007 07:25
http://s4projects.out-lawz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=27

Vishnu is a FPSC version 1.05(same version worked in 1.04 so no need to update yet) media protection application set. It can work with previous versions, but to make full utilization of the save load features of FPSC, it has been tested with the most up to date version of the TGC software. It consist of 2 parts, the first being the zipping executable, and the second is the loader that is either distributed with the users media, or you can make a download available on your site for your patrons to use on any of your FPSC made games.

This version of a protection utility takes protection a step further. We all know that a persons ability to gain access to a temp folder, for the most part makes packing agents useless in all but a few cases where the 'would-be-thief' has little, or no knowledge of where to look.

Vishnu 1.2 takes your files assets, and runs them from a encrypted password zip. Missing the password would make the file useless and corrupted.

Vishnu 1.2 also stops people from opening up the WINDOWS/temp folder from which your game is run. If Vishnu 1.2 is open, attempting to open this temp directory causes the window to close, and the user is left only getting as far as the C:WINDOWS directory.

Attempts to gain access to the temp folder via the cmd.exe, whether from run, or a windows folder, or via a dos prompt, closes the dos prompt.

Though nothing made can or will ever be 100% crack proof, the protection afforded by Vishnu 1.2 is going to be , hands down, your best solution to protect your hard work at this time. The level of protection supplied, matches, and in some cases, exceeds the protection afforded big companies games where the loss of media far greater hurts you, the indie developer, then companies that can pad the losses a bit easier.

Product review:

*Vishnu 1.2 works with FPSC v1.5 and prior versions, wile allowing all of the functionality of FPS Creator including the save and load features of the most recent update.
*Vishnu 1.2 password protects your game assets with a high level of security.
*Vishnu 1.2 closes common and extended loop holes thieves use to gain access to your valuable game media.
*Vishnu 1.2 checks for programs running that may aid in cracking the software, and gives an error message asking you to shut them down or the game will not "unpack"
*Vishnu 1.2 Disables keyboard functions like alt+tab/ctrl+alt+del and others making looking for files or starting up applications later, near impossible.
Vishnu 1.2 * Locks the user out of folders wile Vishnu is running. Again making it hard on would be thieves.
(and more, but this is all were telling you)

(Side note) Delete any betas you may have as to not mix them up.

Full Beta testers, changes were made as soon as 1 hour ago on the final so expect an updated version in the mail. We thank you for your time and help in the development of Vishnu.

http://s4projects.out-lawz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=27
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 23:23
safakyavuzlar and t.gick, thank-you for your purchase and you should be receiving them momentarily.

Please let me know if there's any problem, as I'm a noob at selling things, but we'll make every attempt to make sure your satisfied.
Safak
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank You Locrian, I got it.

Cheers,

Safak
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 23:47
OK, seems I could have been wrong in my behind the scenes conversations with S4. The third(my prediction of 3 sold week 1 and trailing off afterwards) purchase to:

smithcj

Was just sent off. Please inform me of any problems.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 00:37
kylewaite,

Yours has been sent, and Im officially wrong at this point. People please take note as this won't happen again(and I'll deny it if it does).

Thank you very much, and this truly shows how much this community values the product. We just want you to know it dose not stop here. For purely selfish reasons Vishnu will evolve, and you all be right there with us.

Should I release a little "Easter Egg" S4?....Nah...not yet...we'll let um all in on it later............
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 01:19
Well done and good luck with this guys.

Rudy

MY FPSC FILES
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 02:07
congratulations on the successful launch of Vishnu to both of you! Hard work always pays off well...

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 02:44 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 02:47
Candle and filya,
Did you recieve the newest version? it would have been sent 3:00pm eastern or later. A small deal was found and delt with last minute. S4 was supposed to deal with you betas and devs(I'm assuming you got a version Candle, I never asked)

I even went and made a account on Hubdules site(German version of FPSC) and finally posted this and School Daze over there...Hoping Bablefish didn't make me sound like an idiot.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 03:23
Quote: "I even went and made a account on Hubdules site(German version of FPSC) and finally posted this and School Daze over there"

That is going to be interesting...the fun begins again!

Seriously,though...
Thanks for this,guys.This may be the most important app for FPSC.
File protection has to be a top priority to any serious developer.
Good job on this.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I wish to say thanks to everyone for there support in the project and hope you enjoy vishnu.

Best S4

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 03:31
Well Fred you can't get in someones wallet without first giving to the community......

Am I wrong here?
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 03:53
Yes I got a copy. thanks for the copy but really didn't need it as not making games now.
But looks real good.
Had one little fluke but think it was on my end.. ( had to much running lol)

MY FPSC FILES
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 03:57
Nice Site! Just bought it! now maybe I can finish a game I started months ago.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 04:00
Quote: "Well Fred you can't get in someones wallet without first giving to the community......

Am I wrong here? "

Nope.You're right.
The only way to convince somebody to buy something is to give away free stuff first so people can see what you can do.
Now that you have released Vishnu you can get back to working on that killer game.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 04:32 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 04:33
@Candle,
Yeah s4 told me bout it. Helps timed. Thanks for the help whether you make any games or not. You've helped out the community as a whole.

@Chupa,
Gotcha covered man....it's in the pipe, side by side

@Fred,
We're we making a game? Oh yeah, it's been so long. Bout forgot why we needed protection.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 04:53
Quote: " Bout forgot why we needed protection."

Not even going to go there.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweetness. Grats, guys!

I'll pick this up in a week ot two so keep some bandwith warm for me
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 11:14
got my copy Loc and S4...thanks a million for that! Was a great pleasant surprise!!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 18:01 Edited at: 17th Feb 2007 18:02
Attention t.gick@dokom.net,
I keep getting a returned email when attempting to send you your product. You may have my IP range blocked for whatever reason. I need you to please get hold of me by any means outside of making a complaint to paypal. My reputation depends on this. I've tried to send the program in an email, and tried to just write you a letter with no attachments. I'm now trying other email servers. You left no note as to your forum name, so other then your paypal email, I have very little information on you.

If you finally recieve this please inform me.

If I don't hear from you in the next 24 hours I will return your payment, and halt my attempts at sending Vishnu.

Locrian
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 18:43
Loc,
If you need to you can send it to me and I can try forwarding it to him/her or something like that.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2007 18:58
Thanks Fred. I'll give it some time today And I'll use you as a last ditch effort to get this person the product. Thanks for offering.

Loc
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 17:22
Gick thanks for the conformation.

Paul, please write a quick line if you got it. Confirming eases my mind.

Thanks

Locrian
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 01:15
I've finally put my order in... can't wait

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 01:35
Should be in the pipe. Good luck with your games.
Any problems let us know.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 02:00
Downloaded the attachment... No problems so far... Thanks alot

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 00:33
Since This had made it to page two, a little Easter egg action.

Those of you that have bought Vishnu, make and package a game, and place it in a folder named "game" on your desk top. Place an image of any size, though 482x302 px is the best and wont stretch, in the folder and rename it bg.jpg.

Open up the player and your image/splash now covers the default Vishnu logo.

Though nothing can be promised right now, you see where this is heading.....

Later, and happy packaging
Locrian
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 04:14
He Loc, I'll probably pick this up on pay day, I am kida supportng two households at the moment so money is fairly tight..

Cheers,
RF

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2007 15:08
@RF,
I understand ya man. It's no biggie, it'll be here. Had a rough three months my self with Christmas/house insurance/house taxes/major car repairs/oldest collage needs, myself. That's life.

@Paul,
It was sent to a new email addy, and I'm yet to hear back on wheather you got it or not.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 20:51
Locrian: I am going to get this soon too. I never realized how many developers and computer savy people were in Michigan until I started coming to these forums.

K.L. Phair
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 22:24
Well even if it would hurt sales I hope you wouldn't buy this because I'm a Michigan boy. S4(whos from England) and I, first and foremost, wanted to devise a way we could release a demo without the media being leaked. We just figured you guys could benefit from our absolute loathing of thieves as much as we are.

We never expected this item to sell like a model pack, but we hope as you near completion of your games, your conscience leads you to being security minded as we were( I say "were" because we've moved on with Vishnu now completed), not only for those whos packs you've purchased but even more importantly, 'your' media.

Good luck on your game/games, and your purchase when so inclined.
Loc
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 07:09
@ Locrian: I am originally not a Michigan person, as I am from California. I have been here about 1 1/2 years. I can say that I am a big U of M fan and being at the game versus State, (Great Win), I do not mind living here. But I have met animators that work for Disney in Livonia and other places in Michigan. I have a packer that protects files, but it will not hurt to get this for added security. This is a great product so it should sell like game packs. Thanks for the best wishes.

K.L. Phair
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 15:20
Quote: "This is a great product so it should sell like game packs"

Well thanks for the kind words. Really this is more then a packing application with some file encryption(thought it holds these functions as well).

* checks for programs running that may aid in cracking the software, and gives an error message asking you to shut them down or the game will not "unpack"
*Disables keyboard functions like alt+tab/ctrl+alt+del and others making looking for files or starting up applications later, near impossible.
* Locks the user out of folders wile Vishnu is running. Again making it hard on would be thieves.

There are many things Vishnu does, but for security reasons we won't be discussing them. The less people know, the harder it is to crack. Calling this a packer understates it's broadness. This is a true "media protection application".
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 18:23
Quote: "I am originally not a Michigan person, as I am from California."

So how do you like our winters?

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 18:48
PAS looks up google.com to find meaning of 'winter'

"oh...so it is something like the Ice-ages??"

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2007 16:59
@ Keith C: The winters here are not bad. I think its because I have lived in Oklahoma when i went ot college for a while and it got relally cold. I cna say that when i was in college at New York, yea that was cold. The biggest surprise here I have had was those big chunks of hial and how the weather changes so frequently. It was so cold a few weeks ago that the schools around here shut down. But living in Ann Arbor, in the southeast area, I do not think it is as cold as northern Michigan and I know the upper peninsula is a lot colder. Either way though, Califnornia is much warmer, but we do not have the U of M there. I think thats what I enjoy most about here is that I enjoy going to the U of M football and basketball games. So that makes the cold bearable. Especially when Michigan beat State and we almost beat Ohio but lost it at the last second. But the winters here are not what I expected, but I liked Michigan even before I moved here. However, I do miss California from time to time.

K.L. Phair
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 15:48 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 15:52
@Mcgregor,
Your copy was sent out today and thank you for your purchase. Please drop a line, either here or by email, to insure you recieved it properly.

(OK I know that was a cheap shot using a purchase to bump this)

Also I'd love to hear from anyone using the 105 update(Beta testers this means you...earn that Vishnu..lol) with the Vishnu software. Any problems? Concerns?

I'd love to update the first post to include 105, but I'd like some feed back from those that have the product before I say it works on a version only testing on 1 or 2 machines.

Happy Developing,
Loc
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 16:24
I used v1.05 to make the multiplayer game that I posted about in the Showcase forum and I used Vishnu to pack it.
Nobody has given me any indication that there have been any issues and I haven't experienced any problems either.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 17:19
Oh ok great...Thats an even better, test to the masses with all kinda rigs playing on it. Well I'm glad it's working for you and your media Fred, and don't think twice about jumpin our rears if you find a problem.
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 17:29
Loc, check your hotmail.

Kerithion <-- McGregor.

Cheers,

Kerithion
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 20:11 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 20:18
Kerithion,
Dude I didn't pay attention when I sent that letter. Yahoo emails always mulch it because it's encrypted, and it thinks it's a virus. I need you to send me or make another email somewhere. Hotmail perhaps? Yahoo seems to be the only place that dose this.

I'm going to have to place a disclaimer on the successful purchase page that you guys get sent too after your paid. Your like the 4th guy thats used Yahoo mail.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Soon as I get another addy I'll fire that off to you..

OK EDIT:
I just seen the first line of your letter saying Yahoo email and I shot right over here to apologize. Glad to see you were smarter then yahoo and forwarded the email and recieved it ok.

I'd basically said what you did in your email, but I'm making changes to the site right now for Yahoo mail users. I appreciate your writing and telling us the faults in our site. Vishnu's a new product and I made the site really fast. At my age it's hard to remember everything so thank you again for your letter.
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 20:26 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 20:29
Loc,

No problem.

Thanks again for Vishnu.
Diego
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 05:13
Looks good, I would buy it but I'm flat broke . Anyways, keep up the good work.

-Diego
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 05:42 Edited at: 4th Apr 2007 05:43
Vishnu v1.3 update

Vishnu v1.3 is being worked on at the moment some of the new features :

1. Works in Vista

2. New copy protection for better secure files.

3. Use your own Background picture

4. Finds and loads game from the same folder the zips in and loads and save slot automatic.(this may not be in this version.)

best s4

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 06:44
wow! Nice to see this being updated

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 09:23
Agreed.And congrats on getting a mention in the TGC newsletter.
Hope it gets you some more sales.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 17:59
This looks like an awesome product, it really does....but i have to ask, where did the name come from?

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 20:31
Throwing around 1 word names, I asked s4 if he'd thought of going the god route like "Apollo" here on the forums and what not.

Vishnu= the god of protection, so I suggested it. Out of what we had to choose from S4 choose that as being the best representation of the product since this is a protection application. So then I found this symbol, which was basically a stick figure version of the Vishnu icon, and I told S4 we'd make a windows or msn version of the symbol.

So died "Save and load media protection" and Vishnu was born.
Skywalker
Years of Service
User Offline
I just purchased, but I'm not sure how I receive my download?

"Its not how many times you fall its how many times you get back up!"
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 01:57 Edited at: 12th Apr 2007 02:33
Thanks for your purchase of Vishnu v1.3 the site is down at the moment for maintenance and your copy will be emailed to you asap.

We apologize for any delay in our services.

best s4
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 02:29
Yes sorry to anyone thats caught on the cusp like this. The site is currently being updated for 1.3.

At this time we have to mail you your version of the application. As it says on the Thank-you page this will happen at the latest in 48 hours. Setting up a dynamic link thats tied to Paypal is to costly for the products revenue.

Theres no point in sending your the 1.2 that you purchased. It's outdated and 1.3 will be sent out tomorrow with the updates to the other Vishnu purchasers. Normally these are sent out within hours, but your email has to be added to our mailing list and others have to get their copies as well. May as well all happen at the same time which will be under the stated time of 48 hours.

Skywalker your payment was received and you'll be added to the mailer tonight. We guarantee you'll get your product and be very happy with this update.

Again we apologize for any delay in our services.

Loc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 21:07:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 21:07:47