Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Audio Media Player (wav, ogg, etc.) - Full App, Very Simple, No Media, Requires DLLs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 02:11 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 12:58
This program is very simple, I made it to play OGG files - my default Windows media player doesn't like them. So I had a little fun in an afternoon knocking this up.

Code is over-commented, good for newbies? (Or not?)

I'd be grateful for any tips for improving this - other than just add functionality like playlists and saving INI settings, etc.

UPDATE II. Changed the SPLIT STRING command so it doesn't use a hard-coded backslash but an ASCII generated one - more TGC forum-friendly.
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 04:23
The backslash is just a problem with the forums.
I can't run it because it doesn't understand "get window width()"

vibe runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 12:28 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 12:46
Thanks for the backslash info. I have updated the code to remove the backslash characer and built it up from it's ASCII value.

GET WINDOW WIDTH() is part of the Matrix1 plug-ins. You can get the latest version (as of me writing this response), here. You can keep an eye open for future updates to Matrix1 in the thread for it, here, or at his site here.

I think Matrix1 has changed the GET WINDOW WIDTH reasonably recently, so it's possible you have an old version of Matrix1. Try the latest version and let me know?

Also, for people who don't know the various links for the plug-ins, here are ALL the plug-ins you require:

Audio EAP
DarkSide DeskTop
Gogas Windows
Matrix1 Utilities
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I would like to try, but I am unable to link to the Gogas Windows download.
vibe runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 20:36
Appears his site/DLLs are down. I've asked on the DLL thread in Program Announcements, if that has no joy I can email you my copy, but that's on another computer and will have to wait until next week. Very sorry.

His DLLs are very, very much worth getting hold of. Some very handy functions, like file load, info dialogue, input boxes, as well as some cool colour selectors, etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:15:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:15:56