Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 03:46
Hi,

Come on TGC make DP better 'coz that other language that rgymes with flitz3b now has a PhysX wrapper and to be honest its VERY good.

MetalMackey
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 04:21
you mean blitz 3d?

you can live with a man for all his days, but you really find what he really is like when hold him over a volcano
Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 08:08
yea, but i like tgc way more.

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "yea, but i like tgc way more."
- i agree. But its slowly fading here - Oh if only they took notice of their customers.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it violated the AUP
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 18:00
They're busy making great new stuff. Customers get lots of attention between projects, that's just how it works.

Their products aren't perfect, but they're definitely capable, and there is excellent 3rd party support. Nothing is in such a state that it can't be used.

Come see the WIP!
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "great new stuff."
- Great and New stuff, Yes. However i dont like the concept of having to buy a new graphics card simply to be rid of some bugs

Quote: "Their products aren't perfect, but they're definitely capable"
- I cant dissagree - However some of the bugs are simple to fix and seems like tgc are taking absolubtly no notice to us

Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 19:56
Lets hope we get magnets, triggers and softbodies in the next update. Also the other 1 has a better collision feedback system. And, no need for the end-user to install drivers.

Dont get me wrong, I bought DP and find it great but it just seems a bit lacking compared to this other one. Am I llowed to post a link to it?

MetalMackey
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 20:11
Well considering a few of the TGC staff themselves worked ON the actual physX engine... I dont see any problems coming round anytime soon.

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
@Jase - U could post the link - maybe it will get tgc attention - and if ur not allowed (for whatever reason - i cant actualy imagine) - then they will just remove it

Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 20:59
Here is a link

http://rubux.swargo.com/?module=articles&c=%23root&a=1

From the little testing ive done with the demo its very fast

MetalMackey
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 21:45
OMG That physics demo blows away anything I have ever seen from DP. I am probably most definatly going to be switching, The stuff I seen in That demo is the reason I bought DP. God I got jipped. Looks like I am going to have to learn Blitz. Good Luck TGC.

Thank you.
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "OMG That physics demo blows away anything I have ever seen from DP. I am probably most definatly going to be switching, The stuff I seen in That demo is the reason I bought DP. God I got jipped. Looks like I am going to have to learn Blitz. Good Luck TGC.
"

What exactly did you see in that video that DBP and DP couldn't do aside from the dentable barrels? That's also a new feature we'll probably be getting in the next update.

I have no signature...
Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 09:20
I believe in tgc, i know that they listen to us. I can't wait to see what they come out with next .

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 11:12
Quote: "OMG That physics demo blows away anything I have ever seen from DP. I am probably most definatly going to be switching, The stuff I seen in That demo is the reason I bought DP. God I got jipped. Looks like I am going to have to learn Blitz. Good Luck TGC."

Apart from magnets and deformable objects, there is nothing in that video that isn't in Dark PHYSICS. I'm afraid that if you can't get to grips with the basics, the 2 additional features aren't going to fix everything else for you - they'll only make it more confusing.

The depth to which the features are produced is also unclear. For example, I don't see any fading particles, only ones that go from visible to invisible instantly. The car moves, but can you change it's centre of gravity? The cloth tears, but they all seem to have the same tensile strength. Maybe it is all good stuff, but look before you leap.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 14:31
And for goodness sake, please stop calling it DP!

'DP' has some rather unfortunate connotations!

TDK_Man

ESP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 15:49
Hi All,

What does 'DP' mean in Spain then?

Robin

P.S. TGC are even advertising Blitz.... Personally I would look to Leadwerks.
Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm... just tried the demo, I got FPS: 1 lol

I realise my system is obsolete, 450mhz, P3, 256 RAM, 64 graphics, but the DBPRO examples run alot faster than that, I know Blitz is a good engine and I like it alot, but with that demo I'm not convinced that the PhysX SDK has been implemented at it's best for the Blitz engine, Blitz is capable of way better.

just about to watch the video... will report my findings lol
Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, very impressive but I don't see anything that this can do and DBPRO can't, they probably run that demo on a system with a hefty graphics card anyway. with a decent system you probably wouldn't see much of a difference if at all
Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 17:15
1fps? I get 450fps on the demo with a fx-57 and 7800gtx. Way more than I get with any Darkphysics demos.

MetalMackey
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Lets not also forget how obsolete the rest of the Blitz engine is. last I heard it was based on DX7... That's pretty lacking in features as compared to DBP.

Seriously, if you can't do most of that stuff in that video demo with Dark Physics and DBP, then you really need to sit down for a few days and learn how it all works.

I have no signature...
Jase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 17:59
I have both Blitz and DB. IMO both have advantages and disadvantages. DB is better for shaders and dx9 and Blitz is faster and better for older machines

MetalMackey
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Everyone - ive just got word from tgc that apparently Mike is hard at work on Darkphysics. Ive asked about when its likely to come out - but waiting on a reply. Will keep you informed

White knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 20:41 Edited at: 14th May 2007 20:41
Jase : DB is better for shaders and dx9 and Blitz is faster and better for older machines
I must agree on that one but i like both.

new learning center comming soon http://911.bounceme.net/
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 21:44
@ General Reed: hopefully he tells you something interesting! Normally I also send Mike a mail, if I think that no news come along (if nothing new shows up in the newsletter or the forum about the update within 2 months from the last news, I ask him per mail about some new infos!) Good to know that I don't have to ask him again!
Post your results in the "Upgrade-Post", if possible!

Hoozer

AMD 64X2 4800+ (939); 2GB; GF 6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.3):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93582&b=5
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
@Hoozer: Ok will do!

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 07:25
I am going to give DP + DBP, another shot.
The Core
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 13:01
well to be honest i like dark physics and have recalled no problems as of yet when incorporated into my work. Great bit of kit..the only bed point is i dont have the card for the water fluids...but oh well still enough into to say the price is so little.

-----thecore-----

i'm E.T i have so much tech but yet i dont have a mobile phone! where is a land line when you need one
Indecom
Years of Service
User Offline
does the newton wrapper feature cloth physics? that demo posted up a ways works surprisingly well, but i prefer newton.
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 05:04
The guy who made that wrapper just have cooler looking demos thats all, oh he has magnets and deformable objects which was cool, but you gotta say that video was cool

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+,MMX 3DNOW (2CPUs)
1024 MB RAM
GeForce 7300 GT 512 MB
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Deformable objects are merely cloth objects wich i believe we will have seemings mike has already shown us. That cloth ball he made sure looked deformed when he dropped a cube on it to me, and as far as magnets goes that can be achieved with the current command set just with a little bit more work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:17:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:17:47