Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 31

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 10:55
Model Pack 31 has been released today.

Abandoned buildings scarred by the collateral of war. With this pack you can create all kinds of atmospheric environments. It contains authentically worn-torn buildings, with disjointed beams, collapsing roofs, and fractured frontages. The pack is great for just about any scenario requiring a rundown feeling.

This pack contains 50 segments, 18 buildings and 20 props.

YouTube video available here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee65zhnqX4g

For more details and to order please go to http://www.fpscreator.com/pack31.html
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 11:15
Looks nice,who made it? Gonna buy for sure.

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 11:35
This is a really nice pack, the packs just keep getting better now

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works
Silver Eye Productions
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 13:06
Great pack! Like djmaster said, who made it?

I GOT BALLS OF STEEL!
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 13:19
zeker.kopen Ik dat
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Ik zal dat zeker kopen is het

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 14:33
In english guys this is an english board

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 14:34
Quote: "Ik zal dat zeker kopen is het "

Oeps,you are correct
had my keyboard clean, but I put the keys wrong back in.
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 14:38
90% of those buildings just look like cardboard cut outs with a texture pasted onto it.

Can we please get another screen shot from another angle of some of the flatter buildings?

Also as Silver Eye and Dj asked, who made this pack?

WizMod Developer.
Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 15:08
I think they look pretty detailed to be honest but that is just my opinion.

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 15:12
HI

I made the pack.

@kerrby: If you look closely at the pics, you will see they are not just one face with a texture one. The windows, wall extensions, are all extended or extruded geometry. Ive even added edges to some of the wall sections, so they look like the bricks are sticking out, to further realism.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.. it keeps me going!

Best wishes

Steve
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 15:14
Great looking pack Stevie. Think I'll get this one.

Brian.

Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 15:41
I'll probably end up getting this, can I just see another screenshot of some of the flatter buildings?

Don't get me wrong, I think this pack looks really good and detailed but I just want to be sure what I'm getting.

I don't mean any offence, as I said this pack looks awesome.

WizMod Developer.
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 15:49
Hi

Ill grab some screenshots and post them a little later this afternoon

Cheers

Steve
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 16:22
Will these be more friendly and bug free than model packs 11-15? No offense, I understand you can't fully check them for every engine you release them for, but it's wuite a famous issue with those packs...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 17:02
This pack looks great. Ordered it already and waitng for approval.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 18:38
Very Nice! awesome work there Stevie. I'll grab the pack this weekend. Thanks.

In the Universe, nothing ever stays the same.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 18:41
...pass.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 18:56
Kerby; just check out the youtube video.
GLaDOS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 21:55
i can make Call of duty 5:Flyng weapons XD

LOL!
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 22:49
awesome pack. Everything looks and works great. Thanks Stevie
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 22:49
CoD 5 already exists, get with the times.

Infact, we're on to CoD 6, with Modern Warfare 2.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 00:41 Edited at: 24th Jul 2009 00:44
Nice pack, but are those letters on the building supposed to be backwards?
Looks like a texture flipped or got applied to the reverse side or something.

This is perfect for a level I have been planning, but haven't had the chance to build yet.
Now I can get to work on that.
Thanks!

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Stevie, is there anyway that you can post some pics of the 50 segments, 18 buildings and 20 props? Thanks in advance. btw..Awesome pack! keep up the good work. I hope you have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 12:12
Honestly I never was too fond of buildings/ruins that had a complete, unique texture on them. They tend to be very easily identified and if you use them more than once in a level anybody realizes that in an instance

But 50 segments??? now THATS something that sounds interesting, especially if the segments have exterior walls too I'd love too see pics/clips of these

btw, did you make MP20?

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 12:44
They made MP11-15, 19, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30 and 31.

Currently our most frequent content producers in terms of official model packs.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:40 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 01:31
Will you guys at TGC do me a big favor and adopt a naming convention for the model pack's folders?

I have noticed that the later Model Packs have folders named like "war_torn" or "FantasyPack", etc.

Please, go back to naming the folders for the model pack like #4,6,9,10,16 etc. (just to name a few)

That way we know at a quick glance which ones we have installed in the entity folder when we see a folder named "ModelPack31".
I know I am not the only one who has installed the same model pack twice simply because I didn't realize it was there when looking at the folders.
It gets confusing trying to remember which pack was "war_torn" or which one was "FantasyPack".
Naming it Model Pack 31 instead makes it clear and less confusing, since the installations are named by the numbers as they should be.

Even an abbreviation and keeping the name would work too, like "mp31_war_torn". (probablay best)

It's just a request, but a naming convention for the Model Pack Folders would make the organization of the entitybank folders a lot less confusing.
We are up to 31 packs already and it won't be long before that number exceeds 100 as fast as they keep coming, so a 3 digit number may be better. ( mp032_title )

Anyways, I want to say thanks again for making high quality models available to us for such affordable prices.

You're the best TGC!

P.S
My only dislike about the pack is the following, which was taken from the "Model Pack 31 Information.TXT" placed in my FPSC/Files folder...

Quote: "

One or more textures on these 3D models have been created with images from CGTextures.com.
These images may not be redistributed by default, please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.

"

I have no time to hunt through the countless textures at www.cgtextures.com to find out which ones you used.

Will you be more specific on exactly which textures (as in the file names) so we won't make any mistake in redistribution?
Or, are we not allowed to redistribute any of them?

I would probably not have bought the pack if I had known we can't release games made with it.

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 01:49
HI Conjured entertainment.. the txt include of that description, does not mean that you cannot use the textures provided in a commercial game, what it means is more from the point of me the artist and TGC.

ITs simply saying that I/WE cannot include the original source image(photograph) with a commercial pack unedited, as that would be re-distrubuting their original photograph.

A collection of the models in my pack contain textures that were created from various photographs at CG, and then they become part of a large texture skin that fits on the model. We include this txt as courtolusy to CG Textures, so that we are permitted in affect to use these in an end product.

Again.. YOU CAN realease games made with these textures.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 05:52
Quote: "A collection of the models in my pack contain textures that were created from various photographs at CG, and then they become part of a large texture skin that fits on the model...YOU CAN realease games made with these textures. "

Okay, groovy!

Thanks for clearing that up. (the TXT file freaked me out, so I am deleting it)

mAcpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 20:46
conjured if your really concerned, here is the licensing verbiage straight from cgtextures

CONDITIONS OF USE

Use of the Textures is only allowed under one or more of the following conditions:
- Private or commercial use
- Use in 2D or 3D computer graphics, movies and printed media
- Incorporation in computer games, 3D models
- Selling 3D models bundled with modified versions of the textures, when the texture is customized for the 3D model

It is NOT permitted to:
- Sell or distribute any of these textures in an unmodified form, or where the derived product you are selling or distributing is a Texture or a collection of Textures. IN OTHER WORDS: Do not sell or distribute any of these textures (modified or not) by itself or in a texture or scrapbooking pack!
- Interfere with the security or otherwise abuse, disrupt, place excessive loads on, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the CGTextures website or any system resources or networks connected to this website.
- Stockpile images with the goal of making a local copy of all textures on the site.
- Using a special program (spider, leecher) or script to automatically download all Textures on the CGTextures website. Users who try to mass download will be banned from the website automatically.
- bundle the images with software such as paint programs, 3D programs, photo-kiosk software.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 09:00
Quote: "Will you guys at TGC do me a big favor and adopt a naming convention for the model pack's folders?
"

I had a similar problem when trying to find models in what is called MedievalPack... I installed it twice before realising that was what it was called and stored under

I, too, much prefer the Model Pack 2, Model Pack 10 etc. naming convention.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 10:28
Steve, can we see more screens of the segments and different views of the buildings please?

WizMod Developer.
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 16:36
Sure,

Ill grab some when im in the studio later.

Steve
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 00:33 Edited at: 27th Jul 2009 00:34

Regarding the segments, there are no full room segments in, as this would have not worked due to the outdoor nature of the ruined structures. The pack contains a whole array of path/road/grass/ground floor segments

Thanks

Steve
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 00:49
Could you please reduce the in post screens to 800 wide at most Stevie: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143033&b=21.

mAcpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 08:27
it would be much easier if the forum implemented a picture max size feature with auto resizing built in, but i don't know much about apollo
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 10:25 Edited at: 27th Jul 2009 10:26
Quote: "Regarding the segments, there are no full room segments in, as this would have not worked due to the outdoor nature of the ruined structures. The pack contains a whole array of path/road/grass/ground floor segments"

a pity - thats exactly what would have been nice, the possibility to create ruined buldings with segments. Technically it cant be too hard to make at least ruined building pieces (like the walls in one of your other packs) wich include a full wall, a wall with a window, a wall with a door and 3-4 different partially destroyed walls.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 13:19
Or a collection for cutters for existing walls...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 13:56
Hi

The purpose of this pack wasnt really a focus on segments, and is all about the entity pieces.

Im going to do a follow pack with much larger ornate ruined buildings, plus i may include some segment rooms etc in that, also gutters etc

STeve
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 19:48
I think I should be able to use this. At first I was thinking inside the box and so WWII came to mind. Of course, this doesn't have to necessarily be a part of a WWII game. : lighbulb turning on :

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 00:26
I tried to add some fire decals by a few buildings and fire decals donot seem to work.You can hear the sound file but can't see any fire(flames).

Lance
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 12:35
really nice pack

Spyro0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 21:12
I'm new to FPSC, but I'm sure glad I found it, especially with packs like this, it really gets the imagination working. I'm off to buy mine now.

Smarter than the average bear.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 20:53 Edited at: 1st Aug 2009 20:57
Quote: "I think I should be able to use this. At first I was thinking inside the box and so WWII came to mind. Of course, this doesn't have to necessarily be a part of a WWII game. : lighbulb turning on :"

Me too, and this pack can be used for many different scenerios.

I'm going to use this model pack for level 3 of a ZOMBIE Game that I am [still] working on...

3) Bounty Hunter
      In this level you start out in a post zombie world that is in ruins.
      A new society has been quickly structured with a focus on exterminating the zombies, and survivors are paid a bounty for each zombie kill.
      You will progress through the maze of ruined streets and buildings collecting the zombie ears to take back for your rewards.
      Buying better weapons allows you to venture further into the most dangerous areas, but be careful...
      Don't be killed by a rouge bounty hunter who wants your ear to pass off as a zombies so he can collect more rewards.
      If you are thinking of killing civilians yourself to get rogue rewards, then don't be seen doing it.
      If you are caught killing civilians, then you will then get a bounty on your head and be hunted as a criminal.

Oops, I'm telling too much, but you guys are right.
The more packs we have access to then the less restricted our games will be, so keep 'em coming TGC!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2009 12:24
I love it how much the (visual) quality for segments has improved in model packs since I left, Great job. I might consider getting this when I have to make a map for one of my ideas.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
ETCG
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this will be perfect with the new horror mod and the ragdoll affect that will be in the new update! Zombies with limbs and heads falling off, lots of blood...

This will be the year of great ideas!
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 16:47
Ragdoll isnt coming in v1.16. Or at least im sure lee mentioned that?

[img][/img]
Have 1.15 FPSC? Use Apple Juice Mod! Totally free, and adds many features plus speeds to your games!
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 18:18
Silvester! How you been, buddy? It's been a while...

I think I might be getting this model pack soon...

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 23:01
Quote: "Silvester! How you been, buddy? It's been a while..."

Pretty good actually, and Hey... Can't get rid of me that easily

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 00:15 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 01:53
Quote: "this will be perfect with the new horror mod and the ragdoll affect that will be in the new update! Zombies with limbs and heads falling off, lots of blood..."

Yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin' about!
Zombies say "BRAINS"...

Quote: "Ragdoll isnt coming in v1.16. Or at least im sure lee mentioned that?"

v1.16?
I thought v115 was it until the migration.

Oops I went off topic, sorry.
Model pack looks great with v115.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 06:25:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 06:25:35