Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / DEXSOFT-Games: SCI-FI Hovers Model pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 20:15 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2009 09:32
Dear Friends,
we published new model pack - SCI-FI Hovers model pack

18 models including all lod stages (6 unique models)
Textures up to 2048*2048 px size in TGA (including height, spec and normalmaps), ready to use in your 3D work.
Color, spec, normal maps included!

FIRST WEEK REBATE OFFER: 14.99€ ONLY!!!
instead of 24.99€

End of rebate: 29. 10. 2009!

More details on
WWW.DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 21:02
So you gave up on the releases thread?

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemies
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 23:45
Hoovers!? xD
I think you've made a mistake there - A Hoover is the brand name of a type of vacuum cleaner! (And is also often used as synonymous with vacuum cleaner). I think you mean hover, like hovership or hovercraft xD

These looks like really nice models though, well done!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol Hoovers! I actually thought it was a hoover with a gun on it!

Dexon
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes HOVERS. I made mistake

Sorry, Aaagren I forgot to make it in our place

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 12:45
Also, you made a mistake on the image.

"Clikc here to see more images"

However, I'd like to see if you can get this in-game to Leadwerks too - kind of like the HL2 airboat.

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemies
Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
Its not a mistake, on their website the link works.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2009 22:39
No, it is a mistake, because the correct spelling is "Click here" not "Clikc here". I am perfectly aware that the hyperlinks are broken on the TGC websites, and I know the reason too.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 05:28
Wow!
Great Job!
Wish I could buy

Dexon
Years of Service
User Offline
Unbelivable,
I made mistake on all 3 images
Fixed!

Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
Ooh, I thought that you meant that the link didn't work. Nvm my comment. But man, if I could afford these things, I would definatly buy them!

Isocadia
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 19:36
@Dexon - awesome Hoovers, they really simulate the cg look Avatar is going for.

It would be impressive one day to see a person incorporating quite a few of your model packs in one game.

Cheers,

Beastegargoyle

My online game portfolio and work samples [a href]www.jaredgingerich.com[/a href]
3DRT_com
Years of Service
User Offline
You've made a mistake stealing our art.

http://www.3drt.com/3dm/hov-tanks/hover-tanks-shots.htm

seems you didn't even bother to modify mesh much.

http://www.3drt.com Best realtime 3D models.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 17:20
It looks quite different to me; I've seen your work at Turbosquid (game packs) before, and they're quite nice. But just looking at the two above, I can see the meshes are very different....same concept possibly...but still different. Do you have any other proof to back up your claims?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 17:58 Edited at: 20th Nov 2009 17:58
It's similair in design but certainly completely and utterly different model wise - and to be honest, theirs is higher quality. 3drt's quality tends to be a lot of money for models which aren't at modern game's standards.

Notice how yours is uber low-poly and theirs is a highly detailed mesh with a completely different structure.

Jeku always gets drunk and tries to Moderate the ocean. Tirelessly slapping the waves as they roll in.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 17:58
They look SIMILAR, but the meshes are different... just put the logo image and those two next to eachother and start comparing details...

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 19:01
i can see the similaritys, but like keithC said, more proof

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Amyrildora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 19:23
I like them, I find a big problem with them though. The bodys are all the same..all u did was a change the weapon..still..nice none the less..

Give into The Night!
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2009 20:41 Edited at: 20th Nov 2009 20:46
The designs are simliar because of the general concepts behind a hover tank, thiers not much really to it.

Ill provide a better visual description of how anyone would come to the design you both have.

A hover craft, clssic ovalish shape with overhang and a converse angle starting outwards to leaning inwards on the upper body.

A simple childrens tank toy, The armour is segmented for anti-anti armour panzers/shells.

Combine the two, which has to be said, is not very new,

I'm sorry for the image spam, but it's to show the dynamic differences in styles and techniques, but most bare a resemblence to each other. They just are a balance between tank and hovercraft. Some have weighted on the tank side while others the hover but it has to be said i could now create a working journal taking parts from everyone of these pictures and create a reference image identical to both your tanks.

The similarites though are certainly prodominent in some areas but they are both aimed at different sides of the market. A similar reference image or a lasting idea in the modelers subconcience may have influenced the design to this end but it has to be said, the dexon has done the design justice, the texture has created completly differently and has used more detail, while yours has been made practical for all rounded use.

On a side note, A modeler here created a hybrid, tank/copter/sub animation and the design had some very intresting simlarties with the segmented areas. Reinforcing the enviable end at them design asspects.

Just to finish it, No-one can copyright a image or model specific design, they can try but as soon as a artist has redrawn the media to thier style it becomes thier work. So in essence this never could be claimed your work. Sure you can say as you rightly can, its too similar to my design, but thats if its a completly unique idea. But as i said, hovertanks have been in the making since the 60's

Though for fairness sake, i recommend changing the design a little, this version might just be the best balance and the eventuallity of most modelers and concept artists.

-See i do play nice in serious matters.
____
-Laz

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 06:22
Thanks for that layout, Lazerus; but it appears that the "offended" party nor Dexon, care to comment further here. I consider this matter closed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:24:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:24:34