Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dxerr9.lib missing in directX SDK august 2009

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 19:08
I upgraded to directX SDK august 2009 but now GDK fails compiling, with missing file "dxerr9.lib" which is missing. Seems that MS SDK renamed it to dxerr.lib.

Any solution other than reverting to an older directX sdk?

May the 3d force B with U
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
have you tried simply renaming the file?
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 19:29
Do not rename the file! lol other programs will fail. First see if there is a newer version of GDK if not then go in to the gdk include and change the #pragma comment(lib, "dxerr9.lib") to "dxerr.lib" and see if it works then.

New Site! Check it out \/
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2009 19:55
My GDK is 7.4a, don't think there is a newer one. There was not a #pragma line with that reference, so I created one, and the compiler passed that point. Now it seems that the new windows sdk has a excptn.h missing.
The problem seems to be that microsoft sdks are changed now. Will try to revert to older sdks then.

Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do not rename the file! lol other programs will fail. First see if there is a newer version of GDK if not then go in to the gdk include and change the #pragma comment(lib, "dxerr9.lib") to "dxerr.lib" and see if it works then."

Copy it first so that you have both versions
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2009 04:43
Solved. I don't think that renaming the file can solve it, because it may contain other declarations and functionality.
The only way to get it to work was to install the 2007 directx sdk that microsoft has in the darkGDK page. Also had to install an older (6.0) windows platform sdk. This SDKs are now installed along the newer ones, but I had to reference the older ones on the visual studio compiler directories.

Bottom line: GDK needs the older sdks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 23:12:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 23:12:38