Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / L3DT giving me a mirrored optimised mesh as my terrain.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2013 10:33
Hi all guys, I have a very big and ugly problem and I really hope somebody of you can help me..

I made my world map using "L3DT". This is a good world editor program but I am facing a insurmountable problem:

When I try my map in my game so I see the map mirrored. Exactly if I looking my map from a mirror reflex.

I export my map as "optimised mesh" (see the attached pic)

I tried to enter in the "format preferences" options and I edit the heighfields options (for direct X object as the optimised mesh I get) changing the "facewinding" from clockwise to anti-clockwise but nothing

I tried to use the "mirror" option from "layers" tab too but nothing again.. always I get a mirrored X object.

I tried to use "rotate CW" options too but in the finish I always get a mirrored X object map.

In finsh I tried to use DBPro commands to counter-mirror the map but nothing again and again..

Help!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2013 12:30 Edited at: 20th Mar 2013 12:34
EDIT:
Ok, for those who are having the same problem (getting a mirrored optimised mesh using L3DT as own terrain) here the solution:

1) To use L3DT normally and to build the own terrain map.
2) when you finished to build the terrain so use the "mirror" option from "layers" tab and choose "MIRROR X AXIS"
3) Now you can export your voluntarily mirrored terrain map as optimised mesh using the same options you can see in my attached pic.
4)use UNDO function (ctrl-z) in L3DT to back your terrain map to NOT-MIRRORED so you can back to make the terrain add or modifications.
5) in DBPro use "yrotate object terrain_numb,180" command for the terrain object to obtain also the same terrain angle (N-S-E-W) you have in L3DT.

Repeat this procedure all times you want to modify and export your terrain map as optimised mesh. If you don't use this procedure you always will get a mirrored terrain map when you load it in DBPro.

bye

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 07:53:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 07:53:09