Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit 108 Beta 16

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 07:11
Beta 16 is now available in the downloads section with the following changes

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 08:04
thankx paul.

do you have any idea why on some devices when using EnableClearColor(0)

the screen flickers? on some they dont?

any way around that?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 08:25
Cool, shall download later... thanks!

A Note, regarding the ActiveX controls in IE, perhaps add a notice to the help documents home page to tell users to allow the usage of ActiveX to enable the BASIC / C++ switching at the top... [On Select Pages where it is visible - Offline documents only web documents work fine]

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 09:30
Quote: "- Fixed print text appearing behind opaque sprites with depth 8 or less"

thank you paul,
my debug prints appear now in front
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 13:07
Installing now!

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool!

P.S. - Update the Hot threads bar It's still on beta 14.

swis
Interstellar
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 21:58
Downloading Now.

This is my current project, check it out! [href]forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204576&b=8[/href]
This is my website, check it out! [href]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/href]
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 22:57 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2013 22:59
I'm trying to build my first APK in eclipse in a very long time and I'm having issues with the project.

As you can see in the attached image, the facebook project has a bunch of errors, and my project has an exclamation mark, which mean I cannot export to APK, which means I cannot see my keystore credentials. (Of which I have forgotten the alias name I need to use the 1 click method!)

All I've done, (after updating ADT in eclipse) is import the new facebook project, and my renamed and configured interpreter_android_prebuilt project, and I have issues.

Any ideas?

This is my current project, check it out! [href]forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204576&b=8[/href]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 23:23
What are the errors being reported for FacebookSDK?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 23:51 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2013 23:53
Here are a selection of the files, and lines which produce the errors. (There are many more, but I can't be bothered to list them all!)

After looking at these lines, the underlined bits are all the R. lines. (I.E. R.id.com, R.layout.com, R.drawable.com and so on) The actual error is: "R cannot be resolved to a variable"

I had the same issue with the previous beta too.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 00:01 Edited at: 24th Jul 2013 00:03
Excuse the double post, but I took my divvy head off and found these more meangingful errors:

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 00:51
Hmm, I had the same problem when I tried to build my android app for the first time in a long time. It seems lik eit was caused by some old files since setting up everything on my other computer worked. I think there may be an issue with the ADK manager not being the right version but I could be wrong
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 02:43
Does anything on this page help?
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 04:26
Hey Paul, have you read my last message on the Facebook SDK issues that Apple are rejecting every apps? I got SKF2 rejected 10 times!!!! And i'm very angry!!!!
Now i'm using again 1076.
What do you think of what i asked for the LIGHT version without nothing than AGKLib?
Thx in advance,

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 06:09
There are also some clues about how to fix the missing R thing on this page. (Look for the section specifically mentioning it.)

The Missing R has been discussed many times.

v10815 did have a light version for both iOS Tier 1 and Tier 2. Did you try them?

What, specifically, is Apple rejecting on?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 18:27
Neither of those web links have helped. I still have the R errors.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 19:28
Did you follow the instructions in the README.txt file in the interpreter_android_prebuilt directory?

Did you edit your AndroidManifest.xml as instructed?

Did you edit all the indicated .java files?

Did you then either close Eclipse and restart or refresh your project?

I just installed v10816 fresh in a new directory (both Android and Windows).

I then opened Eclipse and imported the facebook project. And it had no complaints about it at all.

I then imported the imported the interpreter_android_prebuilt without any changes. I only had to add the android-support-v4.jar as an external JAR file and everything was happy.

Did you start from a clean fresh v10816 Android directory (copying over an old Android version doesn't always work properly)?

Did you start from a clean Eclipse with no projects and then import facebook by itself?

After the facebook import (assuming yes to the previous couple of questions) did it have any issues?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 20:28 Edited at: 24th Jul 2013 20:30
Quote: "Did you follow the instructions in the README.txt file in the interpreter_android_prebuilt directory?
"
I had done previously and it didn't work, I didn't the last time. (That would only affect my game project though wouldn't it? my issue is with the facebook project) I'd done all changes bar the move bit in eclipse. (And have since followed them)

Quote: "Did you edit your AndroidManifest.xml as instructed?"

Yes

Quote: "Did you edit all the indicated .java files?"

Yes

Quote: "Did you then either close Eclipse and restart or refresh your project?"

I made all changes before opening eclipse.

Quote: "I just installed v10816 fresh in a new directory (both Android and Windows)."

I've just deleted the contents of my apps folder, and copied the folders from the AppGameKit install folder. (And followed the readme instructions too.)
(From fresh, again) I imported the facebook project, cleaned, and had one warning. "Unsupported @SuppressWarnings("resource")"
All good there.
I then copied the prebuilt folder, and followed the README instructions to the letter. (Almost, I amended the .project file before importing so it was named correctly in eclipse)
Importing an otherwise unedited project gave me this error: "The container 'Android Dependencies' references non existing library 'C:\android\AGK\IDE\apps\facebook\bin\facebooksdk.jar'"
I've made the changes relating to the GCMIntentService, IAPActivity, MyFacebookActivity, and MyJavaActivity.java.

I've now cleaned the project and BOOM! Error city.

Quote: "Did you start from a clean fresh v10816 Android directory (copying over an old Android version doesn't always work properly)?"

I've just deleted the contents of my apps folder, and copied the folders from the AppGameKit install folder.

Quote: "Did you start from a clean Eclipse with no projects and then import facebook by itself?"

Yes, many times. Removing both projects, then re-importing facebook by itself and cleaning will also generate all the R errors.

Quote: "After the facebook import (assuming yes to the previous couple of questions) did it have any issues?"

Many issues! lol

Could there me anything wrong with my eclipse install? I know I updated a whole bunch of components?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 21:09
Quote: "I imported the facebook project, cleaned, and had one warning."

It looks like your initial facebook import worked. You said that you only got the one warning.

So the problems showed up after you imported the other project (if I read your answers correctly).

Can you try importing the interpreter_android_prebuilt 'as-is', without copying or changing anything, and see if it imports without errors? (Mine did just now, no sweat.)

If you look at your copied and renamed directory (I assume you renamed it), does it have the following files:
.classpath
.project
AndroidManifest.xml
default.properties

I want to make sure it has the bits needed. The project.properties file is the one that tells the project where to find the facebook sdk.

And, did you copy the directory into the same IDE/apps directory or somewhere else? If you copied it somewhere else, then you need to edit the project.properties file to make sure it points to where your facebook directory is.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 21:20
Quote: "So the problems showed up after you imported the other project (if I read your answers correctly)."

Yes.

I import facebook project into an empty workspace, only one error.
Import my project into the workspace, many errors.
Remove my project from workspace, many errors.
Remove facebook from workspace, then re-add, many errors.
Remove facebook from workspace, restart eclipse, import facebook project into workspace, only one error.

Yes, my project folder has those four files. Yes the project.proerties has the "android.library.reference.1=../facebook" line.

And I copied it into the same folder I've always used: "C:\android\AGK\IDE\apps\themobilegame"

All I want is to be able to create an APK so I can get my damn alias so I can use the 1 click method! lol

I don't care what the APK does, as long as I can see what I used for the alias and things! lol (I believe I know the passwords, just not the alias.)

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 21:29
Quote: "I import facebook project into an empty workspace, only one error."

You got one warning, not an error.

The 'alias'? What are you talking about?

Please try from clean again and import the original interpreter_android_prebuilt and see if that causes any problems.

If that imports cleanly, as it should and mine did, then the issue is something that you are doing after you copy and rename the directory.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 21:50
Now i've sent for the 7th time the binary to apple.
If this time all goes well, i found a method to avoid some bugs and the best way to use facebook for OBJ C!!!
I will post it to give it to the TCG Team.
Maybe they can use the same.

I will wait 5 days for my app to be reviewed again.

Long life to Steve!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 22:16
Quote: "Please try from clean again and import the original interpreter_android_prebuilt and see if that causes any problems."

Already did. No joy. Did it again anyway, and this is what I get..

I do appreciate the help anyway.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 23:03
The messages you are seeing look exactly what I got when the facebook project directory wasn't where it was indicated in relation to the other project directory.

Can you show a snapshot of File Manager set to your <android>\IDE\apps directory?

And please show me the contents of the project.properties file in your interpreter_android_prebuilt directory?

I want to see that all of your projects are in the same place.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 23:12 Edited at: 24th Jul 2013 23:12
As for my own efforts, I have v10816 working everywhere with everything that I had v10815 working with.

I tested a couple of the bugs from the list.

Issue #582, [MAC] GetRawKeyPressed() + GetRawKeyReleased(), is fixed.

Issue #583, [iOS] EditBox won't allow moving input cursor in iOS, is sort of fixed. Except a new bug has been introduced.

While I can move the input cursor, the capitalization key doesn't work right now.

When I hit the caps key (shift), it changes color momentarily and then flips back to lower case.

In order to enter an upper case letter, I have to hold the shift key down.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 23:13 Edited at: 24th Jul 2013 23:13
Et Voila.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 23:16
That looks just right.

And the contents of the interpreter_android_prebuilt/project.properties looks like this:

If it does, then maybe you have a permissions issue?

Have you done anything in cygwin with that directory or have you done all of your directory creations and copies in the Windows File Manager?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 23:24
All in windows. Could it one of the update I did to eclipse?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2013 23:29
I don't think updating ADT would cause this.

When you started everything fresh, you were able to import facebook without any errors (yes, one warning, which doesn't have any effect on anything).

Then the errors popped up when you imported an edited project directory.

And you say that you started fresh again, imported facebook again (with only the one warning) and then tried to import the original interpreter_android_prebuilt app and the errors showed up.

Is this all correct?

If so, then I am now clueless. My fresh installs and builds all worked fine.

Maybe someone at TGC can try to help you.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2013 00:01
Quote: "Is this all correct?"

Yes.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2013 00:10
EDIT.

I no longer need assistance! No I haven't sorted my eclipse issue out, but I have discovered my alias so I no longer need to use eclipse!

All I had to do was create a new android project from within eclipse and it let me export an APK, so I was able to see my alias! I'm downloading an android ready 1 click APK as we speak!

After today, I hope I never have to use eclipse again! lol

Thanks Ancient Lady for your help, but I no longer need to use eclipse, so my problem is obsolete.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2013 00:12
Great to see B16 out!

I know it's more of an enhancement request, but are there any plans to enable the D-pad for the Xbox controller for windows games?

The analogue sticks and A-B-X-Y buttons work, but the D-pad doesn't register with AppGameKit at the moment.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2013 00:32
Is it not registered as an additional joystick?

Brother
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Paul for this beta 16

I am not english so xcuse my syntax, grammary or anything else wich could occure some ununderstanding
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2013 17:19
Paul:
What is the chance of getting this issue fixed in beta 17?
http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/detail?id=449&sort=-id%20-type

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2013 09:48 Edited at: 27th Jul 2013 15:28
@Paul:

Could you possibly remove the 12-point limit for polygon physics shapes? I want to create a procedural 2D terrain system and to do that I need to be able to have large concave polygon physics shapes. I don't need AppGameKit to automatically create the shape; my system uses a list of positions to define the visual terrain which are perfect for defining the points of a physics shape....only I can't, because I can only use 12 points.

Of course, if you could create non-enclosed polygon shapes then this would be unnecessary as I could just create several polygon lines.

EDIT: Why doesn't AppGameKit support Box2D line physics shapes?? I just went and looked in the Box2D manual and it supports both polygonal shapes (both convex and concave) with any number of points AND non-enclosed line segments! Come on, these are vital to creating ANY kind of landscape!

EDIT2: OH! I just scrolled down further and Box2D supports CHAIN type as well! This is EXACTLY what I need! It doesn't even need to be dynamic, just static is good (I have no idea if Box2D supports dynamic concave polygon shapes).

Sorry, I don't mean to yell, it's just....why the limits??

EDIT3: I've created a feature request on the issue board: https://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/detail?id=588

EDIT4: After a bit more consideration, I've decided an unlimited-point Polygon shape would actually work better than the Chain shape for my purposes, but I need one of these things to happen, so whichever's easiest

Clonkex

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2013 13:45 Edited at: 27th Jul 2013 13:45
I'm not sure if these problems were present in the previous beta, but there is a bug when using the camera on Windows 7.

When running in full screen, the image capture screen remains hidden behind the parent program. You can only see the image capture screen if you Cntl+Alt+Del and run the task manager.

Edit - i'm running Tier 1.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2013 14:06 Edited at: 27th Jul 2013 14:07
I have the same issue with the VS2010 debuger in T2, the program gets stopped at a breakpoint but does not get minimised.

Edit: I guess it's a bit more expected since the debugger freeses the program at a breakpoint, but it's pretty anoying none the less

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2013 18:10
Clonkex - OpenGL does not permit concave polygons. Getting it to do so is very complicated. See:

http://www.glprogramming.com/red/chapter11.html

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2013 21:29
Quote: "OpenGL does not permit concave polygons"

In general, concave polygons just make everything so much harder. The solution is simply to attach multiple shapes to one another, it's a very simple process. I used it for a game with 20 different vehicle shapes from a motorbike to juggernauts and it worked fine for all of them.

This also reduces the need for lots of points on one polygon, and collision becomes more efficient.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2013 01:24
Quote: "Clonkex - OpenGL does not permit concave polygons. Getting it to do so is very complicated."

What? I'm not trying to create any 3D polygons. It's just point data. It won't be visualised as polygons, it'll be visualised as images and sprites with a concave-poly physics shape. It has nothing to do with OpenGL.

Quote: "In general, concave polygons just make everything so much harder. The solution is simply to attach multiple shapes to one another, it's a very simple process. I used it for a game with 20 different vehicle shapes from a motorbike to juggernauts and it worked fine for all of them."

Well I would except that I can't know if the last connecting line to make the shape enclosed will cross empty space, and if I could detect that, how would I prevent it? Refer to the image below. The black line is the poly, the red line is what would be created if I only had 4 physics point to work with (I didn't think to draw 12 lines).

Clonkex

Space Dream Studios
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2013 20:24 Edited at: 28th Jul 2013 20:30
Have a communication problem with the latest beta! I'm using "GetHTTPFile" to connect to my server to get a list of user data via a php script out of a mySQLdatabase.
Everything works fine on ANDROID and on PC. But if I broadcast the app to the AGKplayer on my iPad, it's not connecting to the server.
Same if I do a "ad hoc" build and install it on the iPad.
Any known issues regarding that? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2013 20:52
Can you show the code that you are using?

And I assume that you are working in v10816.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ancient Lady, thanks for the quick reply!
Actually I'm using regular code like:

In the console of XCode I'm getting following error message: “Connection to ..........php closed unexpectedly (lldb)”.

Has anyone tried to connect to a mysql database, out of an iOS app, built with the latest beta v108b16?

Thanks a lot!

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just noticed that getDrawingTime() includes any time spent waiting for the next frame if using syncrate caps. This really shouldn't be the case

swis
Interstellar
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2013 21:38
@Space Dream Studios, I use SendHTTPRequestAsync a lot for getting information via a PHP page and MySQL. And have no problem on any of the platforms.

I actually need more than just the one line of the function call.

Can you tell me the domain you are connecting to (is it an actual domain or are you testing on a local network)?

What is the value of _sender$ and what are the contents of userresult.txt?

Is the file name on the server you are connecting to the same case as you are using in your call?

@swissolo, how did you come to that conclusion? The help for the command says that it includes all the time spent swapping the backbuffer, including time it takes for the GPU to catch up. That sounds pretty legitimate and a good way to get draw time, since it takes into account the speed (or lack thereof) of the GPU.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2013 00:51 Edited at: 29th Jul 2013 01:10
@Ancient Lady, I did some more testing.
actually connects to the website and saves the resulting file, BUT the file is empty!!! As I wrote before, it works perfect on PC and ANDROID smartphone, but not on iOS.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2013 01:28
What file is empty?

The command is passing a file and not expecting one back.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually it connects to the "barlebencheckusers.php" site, this side produces a result and this result is going to be saved in the "userresult.txt" file. Yes it produces a file and saves it.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2013 02:22 Edited at: 29th Jul 2013 02:25
But the GetHTTPFile command expects that the file exists before the call.

If your target php file is expected to create the file, you may experience a timing issue (that is different for different platforms).

You might be better off using the SendHTTPRequest or SendHTTRequestAsync commands if you want the server to produce something based on contents of the MySQL database and the information sent in the request.

The GetHTTPFile command is not the best to be used for getting information from a server. Unless it is an existing file already.

EDIT: I just checked, and barlebencheckusers.com is a NOT registered domain. What domain are you using? Do you have a barlebencheckusers.php file on the site?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:22:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:22:52