Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / fpsc classic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey guys i have just bought the fpsc cd verson. it got here and i put it in the computer and i was able to test like 1 game level. and now when ever i try to make or test a game it says error code file alredy exest i dont know what to do please help!!!!
SamKM
Years of Service
User Offline
You might want to try asking in the main FPSC forum, you might get more attention there! The bug reports board isn't very active at the moment...
Good luck fixing the problem
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2014 23:46
Quote: "hey guys i have just bought the fpsc cd verson. it got here and i put it in the computer and i was able to test like 1 game level. and now when ever i try to make or test a game it says error code file alredy exest i dont know what to do please help"

You will most likely need to upgrade your FPSC install. The CD version (v1) was made years ago and will not run on newer systems properly. So much of the engine has changed over the years that I would think that would compel TGC to compile a newer version to avoid these issues.

You can find upgrades here. I can tell you that v1.15/1.16 should be avoided- these versions did not allow more than 5 levels to be built and it was addressed in v1.17. Here's a simple down & dirty recap of the versions.

* v1.17- introduction to DarkAI
* v1.18- introduction to water
* v1.19- this had seen the integration of Wasp Mod, a mod that boasted some fixes and additions. Many people had strange issues and it is suggested to avoid this version, but each system is unique.
* v1.20- this was the final version that was being worked on when the focus shifted to Reloaded. The version is still in BETA and can be found here. You may encounter issues with this version and need to glean info from the thread. After Reloaded began, there was an unofficial thread started where some fixes were introduced which is located here. Again you will need to read that thread to glean insight of any issues you may have. Bear in mind with this version- it was suggested in some posts to piece meal your install (install one version, then copy one of the EXE's and install another version, then copy the EXE back). While I can understand the reason, it is a pain to have to do this, so be aware.

One other piece of advice. If you have any model pack purchases, do the following:

1. Install FPS Creator
2. Install model packs
3. Install upgrade of your choice

The reason? Some of the model packs install older versions of some files which causes issues. By following the steps above, this will address the issue.

One other thing to note- During v1.18, Microsoft's latest Windows 7 SP1 all-in-one update package introduces a new security 'feature' which completely disables all DBP applications from running. To fix the issue, v1.18 had to be compiled using DBP U77(rc3 minimum). I realize this may be Greek to non-programmers, but versions lower than v1.18 may not work on a Win 7 system, unless TGC did manage to recompile the lower upgrades. For example- I have a laptop with Win 7 64 bit, a laptop with Vista, and a desktop with Win 7 32 bit. Our FPSC version (v1.17) would run on Vista, but not the Win 7 systems. I had to recompile the FPSC-Game.exe and MapEditor.exe files in order for FPSC to work on these two systems. As I mentioned earlier, unless TGC recompiled the lower upgrades (v1.15-1.17), they may not work for you.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Blackfox has covered it all in great detail.

Quote: " Windows 7 SP1 all-in-one update package introduces a new security 'feature' which completely disables all DBP applications from running."

It seems microsoft has fixed this problem in windows 8 and windows 8.1 and a fully updated windows 7.

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:55:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:55:06