Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, not sure if anyone's posted this. Liquid fun is an extension based upon box 2d. Check it out.. Maybe useful in tier 2.

http://google.github.io/liquidfun/

Truth, Justice, and the Programmer's Way!
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 15:56
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I just hope we can at least get full default Box2D support some day! Have been after the full command set for years now but no new commands or supported parameters have been added since AGK's inception.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 23:57
It looks like exactly what I need for a game idea that involves pooring liquids.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
If AppGameKit wants to stay AHEAD and have an EDGE over the competition, these kind of features need to be implemented today before tomorrow.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2014 19:35
There's nothing there that can't already be done in AGK...
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i did not know AppGameKit handled liquid morphing physics
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2014 23:29 Edited at: 29th Jun 2014 23:35
There's no liquid morphing going on there just simple particle systems that can be manually handled. The "liquids" are just circle shapes that appear to handle surface tension only in one video (which isn't hard to recreate) and the "barrier" shapes are just connected using standard box2D commands we already have. I could copy every scene in that video in AppGameKit no problem. If I get time I will but I have a few paid side projects to finish first. If you take the time to look at what is being done by this you'll see it's not so amazing.

I created some liquid "blob" code where the player could control a blob creature that was made of similar particles with surface tension. You could even make the thing jump and climb with a little practice. I'm pretty sure I could emulate any of these videos with the basic AppGameKit command set. I've also created physics based particle systems in AppGameKit to handle "smoke" that would flow around other physics sprites.

Just use some imagination and experiment. It's not so hard to use box2D for this kind of thing...

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2014 00:08
Baxslash, that looks very cool.

And probably better for what I will want. I will need to know how much of the 'liquid' ends up in a container.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2014 00:40
Give me a shout if you want any advice / code on box2D AL. I'll be more than happy to help
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 22:06
As might seem obvious, I haven't been hovering in the forum lately.

Working an 8-4 job 5 days a week definitely impinges on doing fun stuff.

Thank you. I just might want help when I get to the mentioned project (about fourth in line on my app development list).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:01:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:01:29