Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Need some help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm running AppGameKit Build 108 and I have a game that contains 48 levels and then starts back at level 1, each level is defined in a SELECT statement and all tested individually and work fine, however when compiled and run, the game works perfect until after level 47 and then starts a loop and the functions quit working properly. When I start the game at a higher level (ie. level 10) the game works fine and goes past level 48 until I reach a total of 47 consecutive levels and then messes up again. I thought that maybe I need to clear the memory somehow. I have checked all my code and it look fine. Is there a way to clear the memory and can anyone think of what might cause this. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 10:02
I think it might be memory as well. Are you using automatic sprite/image numbers or manual?

I am the one who knocks...
mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 10:18
are you sure it's not a level counter that you are using that increments after every level played that may be incorrectly checked?

Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 11:10
Is this Tier 1 or 2?
Quote: "until after level 47"

Does this mean that level 48 does not work?

I'm thinking that if each level works ok once, are the levels being re-initialized correctly? But if level 48 fails the first time, it's probably not.
Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
I assign the sprites and texts manually, and I do have a level counter that is displayed on the screen, but it displays the variable that is assigned to the level. Just to clarify after level 47, the texts wont delete and properly and the functions don't work properly either. Both of which work fine the first 47 times.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 17:12
I doubt that it is memory. Best way to find the problem is to either start remming out code or creating a test program. If it's memory for example then load less stuff and see if it runs.

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 17:50
to see if memory are free correct call this function here from example.
if the app freeze, maybe you forgot a sync anywhere in this level.

do
ShowBenchmarking()
if getpointerpressed() then exit
sync()
loop

http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Benchmarking/GetDrawingSetupTime.htm

AGK 108 (B)19 : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265
Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone, your ideas will give me a direction to go to fix the problem. Unfortunately I have to play 47 levels to find out if its fixed. I'll be sure to post a copy of the game on this site when finished. once again thanks.
Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Markus for the advice, I did not know leaving a Sync() out could cause a memory problem, I will check that first.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 22:26:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 22:26:32