Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Icon problem with APK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2014 21:27 Edited at: 24th Aug 2014 21:53
Hi, I'm going to upload my first game using AppGameKit 2 Alpha. And I have been compiling apk file. I don't get to change the AppGameKit icon (i have changed the folder res/drawable...) but my apk continue with the AppGameKit icon...

On the other hand, i have seen other folder bin\res\crunch\... in this folder, you can see other icons (AGK icons).

Perhaps, this question has been answered... but now, should you modify these icons to get change the apk icon?

Thanks
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2014 08:26
Are you using Eclipse?
Which interpreter? Lite? Regular?

bin/res/crunch is usually autogenerated with an Eclipse build. The standard architecture for any Android project is that the icons are stored in res/drawable... folders. Perhaps Eclipse isn't cleaning the res/crunch folder properly? I'd try refresh on the project, then just clean, make sure the crunch folder contents are gone then do a build. If you have "build automatically" on it is prone to bugs like this.

Hope this helps.

Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Naphier,

I use Eclipse (it's regular).

I cleaned but the icon was AppGameKit icon. Finally, I have changed the icons of bin/res/crunch and it Works. I hate eclipse... and java, and android SDK... (I always use tutorials and always have problems)... I think "open source" or free software = complicated, very different software and complicated and strange IDE or similar description

In the next proyect, i will delete the folder bin/res/crunch... and will test it.

Thanks Naphier
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2014 19:16
Yeah, Eclipse should be deleting that when you hit clean. Apparently it wasn't doing that for you. I have run into a couple of rare instances where Eclipse wasn't communicating with Windows properly and files were staying in Eclipse that were deleted, but pretty rare.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:38:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:38:36