Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / I'm having trouble with IAP. It hangs the device.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2014 19:54
When I click the button to remove ads and unlock a challenge, it does nothing. No google popup screen or anything.

As far as I know everything is set up correctly in the google developer console. The in-app product is set to active; I've input the Base64-encoded RSA public key in .java file. What am I missing?

Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2014 21:20 Edited at: 13th Sep 2014 21:22
OK.
I'm making progress. But there is a problem with While loops that contain very few lines of code and AppGameKit in Tier 2.

This the second time I came across this. The first time was when I implemented 'std::queue' System, but this time it's with IAP.

So when doing IAP, this while loop...

has to be changed to an if stmt:

...or else the system just sits in the while loop and never leave.

But anyway, now that I got something from the Iap Billing to show, it's giving me an error message. It's says:
Quote: "
This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help center for more information.
"

After this, when I try to close, it just keep popping up the that error message.

Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 09:10
I think I have things sorted out now in Tier 2.

It seems like I got the above configured error message due to trying the IAP on my device when running it from Eclipse.

But anyways, things looks like they're working.

Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 16:29
For anyone else that has a problem with the app freezing, tier 2 doesn't support while loops that wait on device actions like IAP or HTTP commands. This is because whilst your app is looping the device can't do anything else. You must return from the App::Loop() function to let the device resume, then when it calls App::Loop() the next time you can check the status of what you were waiting for and see if it completed. Tier 1 does support these types of loops because the interpreter can pause your code behind the scenes and return control to the device without you needing to do anything.
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 16:44
ok.cool.
Glad to know I'm on the right track.

Thxs for the reply!

Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:19:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:19:57