Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Has anyone uploaded their Android App to the Amazon Store without any changes?...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2014 07:04
I have my app working fine and uploaded to the Google Play Store with admob implemented and IAP working, but I'm wondering if I can upload it to the Amazon as is without any modifications.

Now I know Amazon has their own IAP and their own things for Ads, but I'm wondering will admob ads still show if I don't change anything.

And will my app still get impressions and clicks info sent to Google's network even though it is on the Amazon Store? Or does Amazon disables that somehow?

Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2014 14:15
I have put apps in the Amazon store without any modifications, and admob ads work fine. I have not got any apps with IAP but suspect that Amazon might not accept the app if it does not support its own IAP, although i have no idea.

Would be good to know though as i plan in making apps with IAP soon.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2014 22:52
AdMob or any other ad network will work fine, but IAP will not. In fact Amazon will complain if you leave in the API for Google Play IAP. Not a big deal if you aren't actually using it, but if you are then you're stuck. With our games we only release either a free or paid version on Amazon. I'm looking into modifying the AppGameKit setup to use OpenIAB, not an easy task for me since I don't know java very well, but it might not be too bad and will give us access to IAP in ultimately ANY store. But they already have stuff set up for Amazon, Samsung, and SlideMe (SlideMe is really gret from what I read).

Please continue to ask for modifications like this. I hope Paul will listen and have the time to change over to OpenIAB. It would be a huge boon to us.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:51:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:51:02