Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Considering adding FFMpeg for AGK but read on at least.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 00:03 Edited at: 28th Oct 2014 00:11
Hi guys (and gals),

I've been away for quite a while now but now and then I come back to check up on how these quaint conversations are going. I only read them and that's all for me.

Anyway, I bought the first AppGameKit, and to be honest, hands up I've hardly ever used it since Qt does mobile, okay everything has to be done manually.

But as a final gesture of gratitude, and to add to my very few contributions I would like to add a last (for now) adaptation for now.

For the last at least 8 months I've worked with Android, Linux and Widnows and mainly mastering the ffmpeg library. For some you know this does everything. For me, I was working with UDP live multicast TV streaming. I've got it to the point where the audio and video sync perfect and using a glsl shader to convert the raw YUV frames on the fly using the GPU as a texture was a bonus.

For a personal project, unless it's already been done, I'd like to add ffmpeg to at least the platforms I've worked with to AppGameKit with the hope that video can be streamed to a 3d texture which is my next test with the API.

I've loved DBP and stuck with it for some time, that I, as some know gave away the code to my plugins. Some poo, some okay.

My question is, or should I say are?

1. Integrating and linking external libraries in AppGameKit C++ how for each platform?

2. Where do I actually start to write a plugin (DBP days remember) for AppGameKit?

3. How would I adapt such an add-on for AppGameKit Basic?

There's probably a few more that you guys (and gals) out there can add to the list of questions, but for me TGC has been there from the beginning. Fair enough, I fell out with DBC and DBP, but I want to make up for something at least.

Oh, and do I have to buy the new AppGameKit? And does it yet support 3D? I'm asking those two questions because in the old days DBP was a very quick way of presenting something fast.

Thanks in advance,

WLGfx

Edit: Nah, not editing anything here...

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 00:21
Hello World

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 07:43 Edited at: 28th Oct 2014 07:44
Quote: "1. Integrating and linking external libraries in AppGameKit C++ how for each platform?

2. Where do I actually start to write a plugin (DBP days remember) for AppGameKit?

3. How would I adapt such an add-on for AppGameKit Basic?"

hmmm, bit of a complicated answer, especially as I don't have a clue how But I'll give it my best

1. Not tooo hard in t2 Android I think, just learn how the NDK works, then browse through the t2 player code until you learn enough about it to be able to integrate libs
Here's a couple of links that [might] help you:
http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/advanced-android-getting-started-with-the-ndk--mobile-2152
https://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

2. For AppGameKit t2, it's simply a matter of writing it in C++ for Android [NDK], and compiling it alongside your AppGameKit game. (I'm pretty sure )

3. No idea But it can definitely be done, Hockeykid modified the v1t1 player to accept a few extra commands (a complicated method using memblocks). You could check out the modded player here and see if you can work out how he did it.

[Answers above are Android only, I don't have a clue about iOS ]

Sorry my answers are a bit vague. I don't actually have any experience personally modding AppGameKit but I'm pretty sure this is the basic idea

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:36:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:36:11