Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / screen resolution and video??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 18:21
I started a project in version 1 and everything has been going well.

I started a new project in V2 and now I cannot get the screen resulution to work and/or the video I am trying to play with not size properly.

I had no issues with my existing project using V2, but creating a new project is exhibiting the issue.

Also, in full screen mode I do not se any video at all.

Any insights?

Using the following code, the video stretches off screen.

home.wavecable.com/~mindsclay
mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 22:40
Addendum:

It appears that version 2 no longer generates a "setup.agc" file.

However, all of the examples that come with version 2 are using a setup.agc file.

mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 22:48
I created a "setup.agc" file and I get my proper resolution now.

However, trying to use fullscreen mode has an issue. At first there is only a black screen until I ctrl-alt-del and bring up the task manager... then the game screen is visible.

Is there something that needs to happen to keep the focus on the game window when going fullscreen? All is fine when using just a window.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 03:44
Just a note.....

I believe that, when using the virtual resolution system, you don't use the 'SetDisplayAspect' command. That, I think, is only for the percentage system.

And I noticed that AGK2 doesn't have the setup.agc file anymore (which only was applicable to Windows and Mac, anyway). But it appears to use it if you create one. This is good to know, thank you.

I really, really hope that I can find time for my poor WIP (it was started more than two years ago). Working a full time job (just had my first anniversary this week), really bites into programming time.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:23:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:23:10