Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Star chips remake again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 05:05 Edited at: 5th Mar 2015 18:11
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.threedstud.starchips

facebook link

[href]gameexcal@gmail.com[href]

Test of starchips, I fixed a lot of bugs in this version of the game like you can touch the screen and it will shoot where you tell it too. Some other things I fixed are less enemies and more coins in the starting levels. I Tested the first three levels so far and every room I have also tested multiple times.

Even though this is a redone of starchips I made it in 2011 and it was my first game with 12 levels.

I made the download and I have the game almost the way I like it know. Since not very many people played it the first time I released it I think that a remake is good.

know on google play again

[img]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.threedstud.starchips&hl=en[/href]

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 05:06 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 07:43
here is a picture of the game. I know this game is turned sideways but I have fixed a lot of known bugs in the game that people didn't like. For windows use W,A,S,D to turn the player and you can shoot multiple ways know using arrow keys or press the screen. The game will also autoshhot enimies by press auto shot. autoshoot will automatically find an enemy and shoot at it. To go to the menu press the upper right part of the screen or the health button in game.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 05:06 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 05:21
here is some screen shoots of the game. Each level has about 30 rooms or so.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 05:34 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 05:35
Level 1 done pic. Yes I guess it is also a little more flasher at the end bosses.

Attachments

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 18:32 Edited at: 24th Feb 2015 18:40
Ok I finally went through every single room in the game it looks like it works time to deploy it again. I had to move a couple of enemies, replace images of the enemies, and see if every door was working properly. And the exe I provided up above is not the fixed version of the game. It just takes too long to load on the forums.

Some other things I did is move monsters away from doors.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 23:16 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 23:17
this app has been republished. I have also changed some of the enemies in this version, It is also easier to control the player so I think this remake is good.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 12:02
Ok I messed up the last build but it should be working soon. I redid It this morning when I tried to reload it. I have also included a method to resize the joystick in the game options.

The latest build should be on the 26 of February 2015 version 2.02.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 18:45
Nice game, works well on my small screen phone and controls are good. Well done with this.
Just rated it in the Google Store.

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 02:52 Edited at: 5th Mar 2015 03:00
Yes this was my first game along time ago thank you for rating it. I need to fix the rest of my games know lol. I have a lot of revisions of the game since 2011 when I first made it. I think I like it know. The only thing that I might not like is the leveling in the game, but that makes it harder. I tested the game out and I still have a harder without cheating and I have a hard time with not dying in the later levels.

One of the things that doesn't really work sometimes is the a path finding algorithm I use to find a player. I made it a lot faster then the original and more smooth in player that the player shoot enemies. One of the biggest things that helped this game though was to make it so you can shoot several ways.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 03:03
Another addition I added is the ability for a player to resize the joystick in game, because you might have a smaller device.

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 03:59
Downloaded and reviewed...You need to work out the problem with rooms reloading....If I enter a room gather everything, leave and re-enter, the chips / keys are loaded again.
I don't know if that's what your goal is...Just didn't seem right to me.

http://crazyprogrammerproductions.webs.com/
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 06:02 Edited at: 5th Mar 2015 06:04
There is not enough gold really in game so I decided to reload rooms

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 14:15
Okay my friend, I searched 'star chips 1.1' (in Arcade category and Play Store Home) and I think you have found the secret. (BIG WELL DONE! )
What I am trying to say, is that you have the first game title that I have seen an indie get a #1 position in search results from the start of their campaign.
So, either they have improved that search function, or you have discovered a slick trick to make the Play Store search function to behave properly.

Downloading now... (more feedback coming soon)

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 15:24
I think a lot of it has to do with the apk name file. I have been looking into this on the Play Store and seen apps with a title and the apk file having a name of something different but which would be good to search.

Mine for example is Paint Pot Lite and the apk file has paintpotlite in it. If you type that in paintpotlite it is the only app that comes up but if you type paint pot it isn't.

One title for a coloring book I saw was something like Kids Coloring Book but the apk name had littlepony in it and was at the top. I guess this is regarding the My Little Pony name helping it.

Have a look and see what you think.

@3d point in space, to say this was your first app, it is very good

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 16:32 Edited at: 5th Mar 2015 16:47
yea I am currently on a bigger project then this was, my game distant lands of Erilyn has a lot of features like customizing a character with my character face character generator, and better graphics then this game.

Well it is also a combination of things also, people don't like downloading games off peoples names. So I paid for a different account called gameexcal@gmail.com

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 16:45
Sounds like an interesting project. You want to get promoting it now showing stages of develpoment on twitter so that when it is ready, people will already know about it to download. I wish I had looked at promoting earlier than I had as it is really hard work.

See here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213740&b=41

It seems to be what all the devs are doing on twitter.

Look forward to seeing some updates on it.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 17:10
yes I advertised it on Facebook, I have a large family so it may help. I have 7 brothers and sisters and none of them tried it yet. I also have 100's of other relatives. That might be a good thing.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 17:16
Quote: "yes I advertised it on Facebook"

If you want it on the other post so we can put a like on it then stick it here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:23:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:23:44