Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Cult of Zog [#FIJAM1 Comp Entry][Proof of Concept]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 18:20 Edited at: 19th Feb 2015 18:22
Quick wip, I promise! I have too many ideas, too little time!

Currently FlexIndie is holding a indie game development competition, runs from the 18th to the 22nd Feb, top prize is $150 USD. The theme being, "Cults". I decided to forgo sleep for the next few days to squeeze in some time to work on an idea I've had for some time now..

The game is called Cult of Zog, an arcade game where you play a floating squid that uses an influence ray to convert people to the Cult of Zog so that a larger floating space squid called Zog can enter our dimension and devour the world. One of my favorite games growing up was Rampage for NES, my friend and I would play for hours throughout the night into morning. It was a fun game and you couldn't technically die. Cult of Zog's gameplay is based on Rampage, with drop-in in-person coop.

The game is a proof of concept, bare minimum to get the concept across and finished in time for the comp deadline. I'm hoping that if people like it enough, and heck even win a prize, it'll motivate me to work on a proper version.

Cult of Zog
"You are a disciple of Zog..
Spread my influence..
Convert..
So that I can devour this world!"

Concept Work:

Screenshots:

Thanks for your time, comments more than welcome! ...hopefully I get this thing done in time.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 21:21
It's a wonder you didn't keep this hush hush until the 22nd.
You must be advertising for some friendly competition.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 13:26
Very good story board ideas, looks really good. I think this would be a superb game, you need to produce this.
I would play it!!!
High score online is a good feature at the minute, been enjoying the Jelly Fish game using high scores.

Nice work.

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 06:03 Edited at: 24th Feb 2015 23:41
@ JLMoondog
Did you come close to finishing?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 07:01
Awesome work! Need an animator?

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 14:42
Your artwork is really good.
I still wonder about a squid in space, but its make believe so I'll get over it.
I wasn't trying to really compete with this entry dude, just trying to motivate you a little bit in the hopes you would finish.
My little Cult app can hardly be called a game, as it is more like a digital comic.
Mine only has one animated sprite in the whole thing and you know what my artwork looks like.
I guess I will go post the thing anyway, even though it wasn't on time.

Looking forward to playing this when you are finished.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 17:41 Edited at: 24th Feb 2015 20:49
BUMPING THIS BECAUSE... (deadline extended?)

I just found out that you still have 2 hours to submit an entry!!!

I hope Moondog sees this in time to get his entry in.

EDIT
Contest closed to entries now, but open to voting.
Was hoping to see this one there, but I guess he is still crunching at it or at work or something.

FlexIndie
Years of Service
User Offline
Your concept art looks great mate! If you have any form of concept or demo you can still upload it. The voting will go on until March 1st.

So even if you upload it now or any time this week it still gets counted. The only problem is you might miss out on votes the longer you wait.

FlexIndie - Indie Game Marketplace with a Twist.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 17:35
Sorry, got a little tied up with kids and work.

Hopefully I'll have some free time to keep working on the game this week, doubt I'll make the deadline. Still plan to finish the 'demo' and eventually build a full version in the near future.

Updated Screenshot, Level Select Screen:

Quote: "Awesome work! Need an animator?"

I'll send you some graphics later and you can play around with them. I wasn't planning to add any animations or fancy fx because the deadline. Doesn't much matter now lol.

Quote: "Did you come close to finishing?"

Nope! lol. I'm no good at short contests like this, I tend to want to do more than I have time for...don't worry about entering, more competition is always good. I'll see you at the next one.

Cheers!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 23:17
Quote: "I'll send you some graphics later and you can play around with them. "

Can't wait!

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:45:17