Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Super Chicken Run

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 13:11
Following on from Rainbow Laser Pudding Pony, here's my second game with AGK2 - Chicken Run. I went for Lego-grade 3D, partly for style and partly because my model skills are Lego-grade as well!

You're probably thinking 'Crossy Road' and you'd be right, but I've actually made this game on every platform I've owned since the Atari ST and STOS so it seemed churlish to stop now. I wondered whether to replace the main character (a representation of my younger brother) with something less human so it wasn't in quite such bad taste, but decided to stick with tradition in the end. If you get hit all his component parts go everywhere with no gore, so it seemed to stay on the right side of cartoonish.

It's pretty simple, just run back and forth over the road to score points. Just needs some polish now, a few more car models, etc. Really enjoying using AGK2.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 18:46 Edited at: 21st Feb 2015 18:59
This looks cool.
I need to play around with 3d in AppGameKit at some point. (been having too much 2d fun)

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 21:14
Looks like a lot of fun. Couldn't find it on Google Play. If its on there could you toss us the link?
CatfoodMcFly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 19:22
It's not up yet, I still have some polishing to do. I'll post the link here when it is, thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:28:43