Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGKv2 Database support for Tier 1?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys

I released a natively(android sdk) developed Android app about 2 years ago, its a wiki type app that presents data about the items in the game "Don't Starve", it uses an SQLite DB.

Its had over 10,000 downloads but its really not very pretty, and its only on Android.

I thought AGKv2 would be a cool way for me to update the app, and bring it to new audiences.

BUT i just found out there is no SQLite support (or any database support for that matter)

Is there any planned implementation in the future for DataBase support as it seems like a big deal tbh not to have such support.

I know we have basic file access read/write, but that will get cumbersome with the amount of data my app uses, and using basic files to store data almost eliminates any ability to interact in unique ways with that data that databases make really easy.

On a more positive note though, im really happy with AGKv2 so far. And the IDE for Tier 1 is sweeet

Thanks guys, keep up the good work
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 10:42
I know it's not quite what you are after, but you could access a hosted database using the HTTP commands and a little PHP. Napland Games have a nice tutorial on how to use this technique for a High Score table (here).

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
arnzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey CJB

Thanks for the input but its really one of the key points i wanted to stick to when i made the app, that it would always be a completely offline source for data.

I wanted people to always have that access to the data whether they were online or not

Im looking at using Tier 2 maybe instead, Im sure I could use whatever I wanted by just implementing it myself in C++
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
SQLite has been requested by members since AGK's inception. An issue requesting it was submitted way back in October 2011. I don't know that Paul has ever commented on this or if we will ever see it but it'd be a very valuable feature to add and one that most other development tools support.
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
I have just started my next project and straight away ran into the same issue. Perhaps I have just been unlucky with AppGameKit, but I just find so much that this language still cannot do.

www.polaraul.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:50:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:50:21