Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Released] The Cult Initiation [#FIJAM1 Entry]

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 21:30 Edited at: 1st Mar 2015 20:08
Hey guys & gals,

I saw JLMoondog's WIP for the Cult of Zog, and went to check out the FlexIndie's Jam 1 competition.
The Theme was CULTS, we didn't have much time, and I got a slow start.
However, I entered this to give Moondog a little friendly competition, and for a little motivation, since he had a big task.
His game looks really awesome (probably why he didn't make the deadline)so check out his thread here in the showcase forum.

Anyway, I barely made it in the competition, and there are only 3 entries. (I guess not many people knew about it)
So, if you have a few minutes please check out the link above and cast a vote for one of us.
My game doesn't represent AGK2's capabilities very well, because of the rushed time frame.
However, if you vote for my game, then a game made with AGK2 could win the first ever JAM at FlexIndie. (I NEED VOTES PEOPLE)
Speaking of that, I may have forgotten to put in the splash screens because of the rush to finish in time. (but the icon in the app is still there)

Thanks a bunch, and I am sorry Cult of Zog isn't there for me to vote on, because I would have.

EDIT
Okay, I have a few views now, but no downloads or votes.
Can someone PLEASE at least download it, so that I know the links are working??? (just wanna know if you can download it)
I tried to download it and it failed, but I think it is because it won't let me purchase my own product.
The game is FREE but you have to add it in a cart as $0.00 and purchase it for the download.

edit
Voting is over, and it got 3rd place.
Thanks to everyone who voted!
I am going to use the prize money to purchase the sprite tools bundle here at TGC. (SpriteMe and Model-2-Sprite)
I am looking forward to using some FPSC classic 3d models as 2d sprites in AppGameKit!
THANKS AGAIN!!!

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 23:43
You got my Vote...Your in 2nd place atm down by 11.
Nice Work!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 00:12 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 00:19
Quote: "You got my Vote...Your in 2nd place atm down by 11.
"

Yeah, I tried the game that is in the lead, 'AsHes to Ashes', and it locked up on me at the burning bush.
So, either my download was corrupt or something, or that guys has a lot of loyal friends.
The other game, 'The Aspect', has a cool look to it and the characters are unique (lol) and it has smooth controls.
I would have went the slider route if I had more time, but I was late getting started.

Quote: "Nice Work!"

Thanks man,
The download was broken (file missing), but they fixed it.
Their service seems great so far, and you get fast responses via Twitter.
I hope the Moondog is not mad at me for entering this contest. (haven't seen him around here for a few days)

I should have given a clue for that door hack in the game. (most people will probably give up at that point)
So, I will give it to you guys here...

Listen to this riddle: There are clues at the keypad on the door lock, but if you look for them you won't see them.

That is all the help I can give you, so I hope that riddle helps.

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 00:19
Quote: "I hope the Moondog is not mad at me for entering this contest. (haven't seen him around here for a few days)"

Its been quiet past few days.

Quote: "I should have given a clue for that door hack in the game. "

I cant get past it. I havnt ever been good at that stuff. I will keep trying
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 00:39
Quote: "I cant get past it. I havnt ever been good at that stuff. I will keep trying"

I should have made that part easier, like with a visual clue or something.
Anyway, here is more help...

If you press 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

You will notice that the 3 and 4 make a slightly different sound than the 1 and 2.
That is because the right number in the right position makes a slightly different sound.
Now mix those numbers up and you will know which ones are right, and which sound to listen for.

That explanation should help a lot.

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 01:15
Quote: "You will notice that the 3 and 4 make a slightly different sound than the 1 and 2."

I always have my phone on silent or I would of picked that up.

I figured it out! thanks for the tips. I enjoyed the game
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 02:18
Nice little game, figured it out you still second at the minute, added my vote. Good luck!

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 02:40 Edited at: 1st Mar 2015 20:07
Quote: "I figured it out! thanks for the tips. I enjoyed the game "

Cool, I'm glad you liked it.

Quote: "Nice little game, figured it out you still second at the minute, added my vote. Good luck!"

Thanks!

edit
Voting is over, and it got 3rd place.
Thanks to everyone who voted!
I am going to use the prize money to purchase the sprite tools bundle here at TGC. (SpriteMe and Model-2-Sprite)
I am looking forward to using some FPSC classic 3d models as 2d sprites in AppGameKit!
THANKS AGAIN!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 15:45:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 15:45:12