Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Distant Lands of Erilyn (WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 16:27 Edited at: 6th Mar 2015 22:21
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=212052&b=48

the tiled loader
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213316&b=41

As you can see this is the test tmx city I made.

Character builder

this is actually several pictures put together to form the character. Head, hair, headgear, left leg, right leg, left hand, and right hand. The reason I am making the character top down is so when the character turns it will look a lot better. It is part of my character generator for my new game. I got inspired by game guru to develop a top down character as so.

The improvements I made in this game is that the weather loads faster then weather my game did, this is because I use gps cords and not zip codes. The load time is much better for that reason then weather my game is, The only thing is you cant change weather to a different location, but people what fast load time so I decided to leave the zip codes out of this game, Loading all the zip codes also made the app crash a lot. The downfall for this design is that it prefers internet connection.

I guess I am still keeping my 3.7 gpa in graduate school, and I only have my dissertation this semester. One credit is not enough to do any thing but its my final credit so it comes before this game. Next semester I start my next masters in computer science yea. Besides this game I am writing a 80 or so page paper for the research I did.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 17:18 Edited at: 6th Mar 2015 17:21
this is the title screen it displays weather, and it will do weather patterns for the closest gps location. oh that on the upper right portion of the screen is the wind and how it will blow in your area.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 22:56
I like the look of this, it intrigues me. I think it's the idea of exploring the maps you've created. It might also be that I have "a game of exploration" on the list of things I want to do.

Good luck on your dissertation. I am so glad that I don't have to bother with any of that any more.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 16:06
Well I am back on this project I do have a job of sorts kind of gave it to myself though. I flip houses, but that is a lot of money to be made to flip a house. I am still programming on this.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 16:08 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 16:20
Well I am back on this project I do have a job of sorts kind of gave it to myself though. I flip houses, but that is a lot of money to be made to flip a house. I am still programming on this. Flipping houses is a lot easier then programming a game too lol.

I hate double post, and yes I got my masters, and found out that yes indeed its just a peace of paper. A very expensive peace of paper, the game creators can sell fake diplomas maybe for 10k to 50k a pop and say its part of the online education system, and all it would cost them is a printer, decorative paper, a creation of a logo, and some colorful ink.

I am going for another piece of paper, but this time is will have the words masters in computer science on it. Different wording but still just a piece of paper that the government is paying for because I am a veteran.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:00:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:00:55