Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / (AGK2) AGK2 on TGC and on Steam

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 10:25
Stupid question really - but will AGK2 be updated always and at the same time on the Steam version as on the one on the TGC website?

Planning on just installing (new PC) AGK2 (and GameGuru) through Steam for the sake of convenience...

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 13:16
I think it was mentioned in another thread that they would be almost aligned, but Steam may get more minor updates in between.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 03:15
Hmmmmmm

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 13:43 Edited at: 10th Mar 2015 13:44
lol
It's not what some of you are thinking.
That doesn't mean that Steam users are more important than the users here.
It probably means that Steam users will require fixes to stay compatible with Steam updates, and we won't.
So, we will not need those minor changes, just the ones that affect us. (TGC isn't leaving us out in the cold) lol

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 14:17
It probably has to do with the fact that Steam auto-updates, so small fixes and updates are easy to to for developers, happens automatically for users.

Having a new download and install exe for every minor update is not handy, so they probably wait till there is something more than a tiny fix for us to download.

Regards Sph!nx
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 14:52
Quote: "It probably has to do with the fact that Steam auto-updates, so small fixes and updates are easy to to for developers, happens automatically for users."

This. The only time it's been used so far is when we made the new libs for VS2013, which we could add immediately to Steam but had to provide a separate download for TGC users, and then wait for the next version for it to be in the main download. We plan to keep both the TGC site version and the Steam version as close to each other as possible.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 16:50
Well I know I have been fed up with the TGC and Steam situation but things are being looked at so I will watch this space.

Quote: "We plan to keep both the TGC site version and the Steam version as close to each other as possible."

Thats good to hear and I know everyone is waiting for an updated command to sort some issue they have with a program they are doing, etc.

Quote: "It's not what some of you are thinking."

I know and I am thinking lots of things thats why I used the keep my gob shut smiley lol

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 21:11 Edited at: 24th Mar 2015 19:51
Does AGK2 support Steam matchmaking?

I have a project pending that needs to use Steam matchmaking, if it is available.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:23:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:23:45