Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Where is the guide for compiling/deploying to BB10?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 10:08
Hi,

I posted a couple of requests for help on the BlackBerry forum but as user BatVink pointed out, it does not get much traffic so have had no luck there. I hope that no one objects to me posting here instead.

I would like to know how to compile and deploy a game to the BlackBerry World store - I cannot find an option anywhere in the IDE or any documentation on the website, yet BB10 is a supported platform.

Apparently there are guides on how to do this, but I cannot find them (from the main web site):

"
Sell to multiple Stores

Earn revenue from your creations by publishing to multiple stores using our step by step guides, and benefit from multiple revenue streams and immediate cross-promotion. Maximise your chance of success, sell your apps everywhere!
"

Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks for any help you can provide
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 15:07 Edited at: 25th Mar 2015 15:09
It might be:
file:///C:/Android/AGK/AGKV211/Tier%201/Help/guides/53_blackberry.htm

edit:
(You'll need to edit this URL to use your install folder, or browse to your help/guides folder and search for 53_blackberry.htm)

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
amy
Years of Service
User Offline
hi this is so interesting i like this thank u.

hi world
amy
Years of Service
User Offline
it is amazing.

hi world
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 18:19
Thanks Amy!

(p.s. you can edit posts to prevent "Double Posting")

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 19:57
CJB, I'm afraid you're talking to a spambot.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2015 16:26
I know. I was just humoring it.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
SparrowhawkMMU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2015 14:53
Thank you CJB

For us Mac users, I did a little digging about and found that the help file CJB mentions is here (if you installed to the default install location):
file:///Applications/AGK%20Mac/AGK2.app/Contents/Resources/share/Help/guides/53_blackberry.htm

I have to say, the instructions for getting this running on a BlackBerry are not for the faint hearted!!!

Hopefully this will get easier as the product evolves. I might try my hand at writing an AppleScript to help with this in the meantime.
SparrowhawkMMU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 11:50
Just a quick note for any other BB developers out there - the instructions currently included with AGk2 are for PlayBook deployment which is deprecated. They do not work with BB10 devices.

I spoke with TGC support a few days ago and some updated BB10 instructions will be included in a future release of AGK2 (but not IDE export support, alas). I don't have a time frame.

Hope this helps other BlackBerry devs who could not make sense of the instructions!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:55:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:55:02