Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Bomb Breaker [Released]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 11:51 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2015 14:57
Bomb Breaker

My second game Bomb Breaker released today on The App Store, Google Play and Amazon.
If you try it then please give the app a quick review, thanks my lovelies!

Bomb Breaker

App Store

Google Play

Amazon

Bomb Breaker Free

App Store

Google Play

Amazon

The game is probably best when played with two players locally on the same device, can be a good challenge!

Thanks to our very own JLMoondog for some of the graphics

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 13:06
Well done this is a very good game. Got the Android version and works well on the 10" Tablet.

The graphics are just right for the style of the game and everything moves very smoothly.

Nice take on the Breakout theme.

Just gave 5 stars and a couple of +1 on Google from me PaulHarthen and my name Leap.

Nice to see a lot of good stuff coming out of AppGameKit at the moment.

Great work!

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 16:04
Thanks for that spectrepaul, appreciated.

I will set some time aside tomorrow to go down this forum section and try some apps out and do some reviews for people. Don't get around to doing that as often as I should

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 17:10
I know what you mean, I seem to be up until 2am all the time at the minute lol

You have a great game here though, really enjoying it. I like the jumping paddle when you press both directions, simple idea for this but shows you care about the little touches in the game. Well done.

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2015 18:50
Dead Pixel
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work, Matty H, I'm impressed.

Did it take long to develop?

//******************************
// Coding In BASIC using AppGameKit V2
//******************************
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 13:58
Thanks people.

I can't remember how long it took to make, it was actually my first AppGameKit game and I used tier 1. It was originally made for Intel's ultrabook competition and was on the AppUp store until that closed down.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 15:48
Released free version today on Google Play and Amazon, updated top post with links.

ios version is in review and should be out next week

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 15:56
I have to wait to get it matt. Good job on second game, does not seem like there is a lot of downloads though.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 21:27
Quote: "Good job on second game, does not seem like there is a lot of downloads though"

Thanks. He he, people don't download my games, not to worry

I am definitely in the 'need to learn to market my apps' camp

AppStar
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice looking game.. I like the idea behind the game. Works very nice on my Samsung Tablet. Nice work man.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 04:12 Edited at: 6th Apr 2015 04:19
OK my mobile device recharged downloaded, and rated. Well I downloaded the free the one I rated. I don't know if I have any suggestions because all apps on the market seem to do bad. Why tier 2, I thought you like c++.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 17:18
Downloaded and rated. Nice game

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 17:25 Edited at: 6th Apr 2015 17:48
Thanks AppStar.

Quote: "Why tier 2, I thought you like c++."

AGK was new and I quite liked the broadcasting feature. Thought I would give tier 1 a try.

Tier 2 would usually be my choice since you can write platform independent modules which can be reused even if I decide to use a different tool other than AppGameKit in future. But tier 1 has some advantages too

As far as downloads are concerned, I am not too worried at the moment. Both my games were written quickly for competitions, I don't feel I have done my best work yet, I have some better games in development right now. I also make apps for other people and that brings some money in while I wait for my apps to start doing well in the stores. I am setting up cross promotion with chartboost so hopefully one successful app will help the other apps too, synergy

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 17:27
Thanks BatVink

Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 22:36
Well done Matty, brilliant original variation.
Just 1 suggestion, the L/R control arrows become a little confusing when the bat moves 180 so maybe change the straight arrows to clockwise and anti_clockwise arrows.
Best new variation I've played.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 11:42
Quote: "Well done Matty, brilliant original variation.
Just 1 suggestion, the L/R control arrows become a little confusing when the bat moves 180 so maybe change the straight arrows to clockwise and anti_clockwise arrows.
Best new variation I've played."

Thanks. The clockwise thing makes perfect sense, I can't believe I never thought of that If/when I update I will do as you suggest

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 14:58
Free version now available on ios, link in the top post. As usual any ratings/reviews are welcome

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:22:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:22:21