Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / Guns rotating

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I have a problem. When I give my char a colt45, he holds it like this. How can i fix that?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Deine Mutter
Years of Service
User Offline
Same with thompson. Im not sure if its same with every other weapon, too lazy to try.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2015 20:08
Deine Mutter
By chance are the characters from Model Pack#4? If so I remember
this from awhile ago...
Quote: "I tested these and the guns are upside down with all Characters with model pack 4.
This pack needs updating to fix this due to the changes to the engine and how the weapons work now. The models need to be re edited to fix the issue."

Not sure if the problem was ever fixed? It appears to be an
issue with the "firespot".
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2015 19:09
I believe it is a combination of both the FPSC version updates (specific to the guns information) and the model pack not updated to support these weapon changes. I have Model Pack 4 and here is a test from my v1.17...

Prisoner using colt45

Prisoner using Thompson

As you can see with the second, the rifle butt goes through the right shoulder of the character. In the first, the character holds the colt45 but it is not held in a grip- more like "attached" to hand by velcro.

There are some characters from older packs that did not really hold weapons well, and although you can assign a weapon to them, it may have been in hindsight during the upgrades or character creation. Some packs were not updated as far as where the gun should be held because of the fact there are many versions of FPSC used and each version has different changes. Any change in v1.19 and up will show anomalies in lower versions (such as v1.16 or lower). In my case, I note which characters do use weapons properly and which do not so that I can avoid things like this. It will never be fixed for everyone, and not everyone will be running one version of FPSC.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:29:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:29:51