Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / C++ Libraries/apps - removing folder

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm currently working in the template_vs2013 project folder located in C++ Libraries/apps folder. I tried removing that folder and placing it on my desktop but now when I run the same project it gives an error:

error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'agk.h'

When I put the project back in the same directory, the program is running perfectly. I am curious as to whether I can change the directory path or something or change the reference in my project settings so that I can have the project run from anywhere on my HD. Similarly my friend sent me his AppGameKit project that I tried running from my desktop and it had the same error. Moving his project into C++ Libraries/apps folder did not solve the problem.

I am curious as to how I change the settings so that I can have the directory moved somewhere else, or have my project refer to agk.h folder or something. Thanks for the help!
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 21:41
The problem is that the header and library references in the templates include relative paths. To move your project, you need to correct these references to where they are on your local system.

Specifically, you need to change the include directories (Right click on your project > Properties > Configuration Properties > C/C++ > General > Additional include Directories) and the library directories (Right click on your project > Properties > Configuration Properties > Linker > General > Additional Library Directories).

Fixing up those directories should solve your problem. Remember you'll need to do it separately for both Debug and Release mode if you want to compile both.

Let us know if you have any problems with this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:31:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:31:45