Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Free Sci-Fi Weapon Models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2005 22:41 Edited at: 27th Feb 2005 10:35
attached are some sci-fi models. autocannnon.x is a MG, blaster.x is a small SMG style weapon, autosnip.x is an autosniper, silblaster.x is a silenced blaster, mako1.x is a pistol, assault.x is a rifle, taser.x is a self defense type weapon, and phasercannon is a heavy weapon. I lost my skins, so make your own.

edit 38 views and not one post?! i should really get my flamethrower fixed. My scythe is too slow to mow down the people who didn't post.

scythes are out of fashion. flamethrowers are the new trend.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 11:27 Edited at: 28th Feb 2005 11:34
That a pretty nice set of models! Some textures would be nice, but it is fairly easy to add your own.

I do have a couple of suggestions:

It looks like they're DoGA models. It would be nice to have the original L2P or L3P file along with any custom SUF files, if they were used. That would allow folks to use either the free DoGA L2 or DoGA L3 editor to add textures or tweak the models easier.

Alternately, the .X models can stand to optimized. Due to the way DoGA models are made and exported to .X format, they are a collection of primitives and not a single mesh. This creates some real bad Z buffer problems (those zig-zag patterns.) The cure is to open the model in Milkshape 3D or Metasequoia LE. From there you need to remove all the hidden faces and merge/weld all the external polygons together. [In Metasequoia LE, you want to also merge all the parts into a single object so that it gets converted properly.] This will make the model look better, easier to skin, and use up significantly less polygons. Been there, done that with many of my custom DoGA models that I wanted to export and share as .X models.

Hint: the hide faces/polygon function is essential in getting to the interior of model so you can delete the hidden faces.
--
TAZ, neighborhood DoGA guru

Sorry about the delay in replying, I downloaded the models earlier, but didn't have the time to look at them until now.

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1
6r1m r34p0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 05:20 Edited at: 1st Mar 2005 05:20
I dont have either modeling program. I have been told this many times, its just that Milkshape isnt free, so i dont use it. if you want here are the L2P files.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 07:02
Metasequoia LE is a freebie. Milkshape 3D is very reasonable in its price.

http://www21.ocn.ne.jp/~mizno/main_e.html

Thanks for posting the L2P files. I might convert some of the .X files to meshes as time permits so you can see the difference.

BTW, I consider Meta to be a fine companion to DoGA, especially when you move on to L3 and get into custom parts or even just tweaking existing part to your needs.
--
TAZ

6r1m r34p0r
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont use a modeler that has no english help files.

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 00:54 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2005 00:58
I guess you don't know about this trick then...

Go to here: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

In the 'Translate a Web page' section select Japanese to English and plug in this URL: http://www.fire-on-the-suns.com/meta/help

Gotta love the web.

Honestly, I've found Meta to be fairly easy to pick up, especially if you have used other low level modelling tools.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 02:59:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 02:59:32