Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Struck Gold! demo released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 08:26 Edited at: 21st Apr 2005 08:27
After working hard for over 10 years as a construction worker, you finally have enough to move out of your old home. After months of searching, you find the home of your dreams, and at a great bargain. Although it cost's a fortune, you decide to take the lot and fix it up yourself. The only problem is, that after you purchase the lot, you realize why it was being sold for such a bargain. The lot is unbuildable!!! Try as you might, you cannot resell the lot, and the original owner mocks at you and takes
pride in his hoax. So, with no options left, you decide to make the best of things and try to make this place your home.
One day, while preparing the foundation...you stumble across a shiny object. With closer inspection, you realize that it isn't merely any object, but... "GOLD!!!!!" YOU FOUND GOLD!!!!! Without hesitation, you prepare your tools and begin to dig up the gold. The only problem is, that now the original owner wants the lot back, and has found a loop hole in the contract. However, if you
can dig up enough gold by the dead line, you won't have to sell the property...

I started work on this game about 4 days ago. Although it's only about half way finished, I believe it has enough to be released as a demo...so here you are lol!!! The object of the game is to try and get the required amount of pts (of $) at each stage. With the demo, there are only 10 levels. However, the final version will contain about 10 different versions of each level, so you won't play the same game twice (lol, I made a level editor to allow me to do this extremely rapidly, which I may release). Some features are not finished yet however, such as gfx, sfx, and a few technical issues(such as physics and the way the claw grabs some objects).
Also, there will be an intermission between each level, with a story and the ability to make purchases such as buying dynamite to destroy the rocks and oil to increase the speed of the claw. And every few levels, you will be playing in the dark, which means that a light will be placed at the tip the claw, and as it rotates, you can see that part of the screen.
But as for now, the basic engine is complete, and so I need people to try it out to see what needs to be fixed, what should be removed. Also please comment with the highest score you achieved,
as this is important for me to see if the game is tooooo hard (lol, I admit, it is a bit hard, and I may tweak it down a bit lol).
So the object is to collect as many points as possible. Certain objects way more than others, and some are more valuable than others. I included in the readme.txt a chart that describes how each object works. I may also release the source code when the project is complete, but it all depends on how many people would like it.
Thanks in advance and enjoy.

incase the image doenst show, which,lol it probably won't just check it out here at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme5/whitemantisgames/screen_shot_01.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme5/whitemantisgames/struck_gold.zip

Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 08:57 Edited at: 21st Apr 2005 10:27
Hmm, I guess anglefire doens't allow me to direct link, either copy and paste it or try here
http://www.geocities.com/flyingmonkeyc/Struck_Gold.zip

and here's the screeny and link incase it does not work (becuase it is geocities and all, lol)

If toast always lands butterside down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast to the back of a cat and drop it?!
Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 09:06
Hmm, I can't figure out how to upload anything...either geocities says that the bandwidth has exceeded or anglefire says it can't direct link, can anyone help?

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 09:54
Photobucket for the images i guess...but cant help you with angelfire or geocites im afraid, sorry.

Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 10:21 Edited at: 21st Apr 2005 10:27
Hmm, Well the only thing that seems to work is if you copy paste this URL
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme5/whitemantisgames/Struck_Gold.zip
LOL, sorry guys, I tried to make this as convenient as possible.
And thanks for the link to photobucket!

If toast always lands butterside down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast to the back of a cat and drop it?!
Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 10:45
LOL, Ok I figured it out...goto my homepage(which is blank lol) and click on the DOWNLOAD HERE text...

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme5/whitemantisgames/Home.html

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 23:36
I think I saw a game like this on the net once. It was pretty fun and it had a little dwarf guy winding the claw up and down.

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.tk
DBAlex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 01:27
yeah...the game can be found on [href]www.just.com[/href]

Click on gold..

I think the flash game is awesome! and i might try your version soon...

AMD 64 3000 + 512mb RAM + 80GB HD + Radeon 9600se 128mb
Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 06:59 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2005 07:01
lol, thnkas...Yeah, I'm trying to make it a bit more original with the story line and a few features, lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:18:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:18:54