Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / HeliosRise & Fujiboink -RELOADED-

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 06:28 Edited at: 2nd May 2005 08:58
hi everyone,

this is a screenie of HeliosRise

and here is the demo / intro.
http://members.thegamecreators.com/geecee3/programs/HeliosRise.zip

this is a screenie from Fujiboink2004 (hmmm... last year).

and here is the fileski.

http://members.thegamecreators.com/geecee3/programs/fujiboink2004.zip

If you can cross it to bring you luck, i have. LOL.

thanks all, geecee3.

PS. special thanks to Rich and TGC for the hosting.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 07:07
First piccy not showing because you have put www in url.

Boo!
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 07:12 Edited at: 2nd May 2005 07:27
cheers, the spookster.

i'll give that a bash now (no not the laptop, just yet!)

thanks m8, geecee3.

looks like i'd be better just spraying the picure on a wall somewhere, LOL. still not working.
this is beginning to feel like a conspiricy now. (you will not post your stuff!)

I just uploaded over 100 bitmap fonts to the server and all seems well with the FTP i just can't seem to get access to the files using links in the normal way. mabey there is a problem with that server or Rich is cooking his dinner in it.
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 07:47
ok folks, i'm getting nowhere with the links just now, so i'm going to take a break and make something else to get broken. hehe.

time to start work on SINGULARITY (again), a black hole demo that i had already made but lost. story of my life LOL.

geecee3.

ps. my lappy is no longer under threat coz i'm seeing the funny side now. (and i have a 2l bottle of coke and a 70cl bottle of Mr Jack. I know it's sunday, but i think i deserve it).

peace.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 08:53
Don't know what you've done now, as piccys and demo links don't work now!

I downloaded the fujiboink demo earlier when link was working and thought it was ok.

Boo!
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 08:56
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!
(or woot! if you prefer)

i'm hosted!

thanks guys,(dancing jig in front of keyboard)
this has been just too mad, what a crazy couple of days. mental.

if only you could see the size of the grin on my face!!!

cheers rich, you the man.

grant.

@spooky. you have to be one of the most helpful guys i have ever had the pleasure of dialoging with, thanks man.
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 09:31
Ok the helios download and the piccy of Fujiboink work....but the Fujiboink download and the helio pic doesnt....but helios is beautiful, really stunning !...however you do get the impressing that the ringed planet is sitting on the dirt landscape....But pretty near perfect, the twinkling of the particles in the planet's rings were genuis, and the sand blowing was frighteningly good !
Email me the files and i'll be a mirror host for you if you like ?

Well done though, great work !

dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 11:01
Wow!!!Thats pretty much all I have to say. Care to explain how you did the sand?

It has been said that the body is a slave to the mind. Only the mind knows no freedom.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 11:05
Download doesn't work for me...

"We make the worst games in the universe."

geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 12:57
i think rich is updating stuff or something like that, i had no problem uploading the stuff, it just seem to be the url gets lost or something. i think.

anyway i'm looking for my bed, i've lost it.

night maties, geecee3.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 15:24
Yeah had to change the IP the domain pointed to, all done now - should settle down in the next few hours and start working.

Two Worlds and in Between
Hot Metal and Methedrine
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 18:42
Ok i have fujiboink now and i must say great work ! its about time people stopped relying on shaders !
Any plans on what your doin next ?

geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 21:03
yeah, havin' a rest, then posting the sources and media to the demos. mabey a few tuts on how to 'CHEAT' using media in place of code. spooky found a bug in nanopod, which now seems to be resolved and i'm making that a bit more 'clean' it was very cluttered. its also getting a bit of extra graffik polish with higher resolution textures and mabey some re-made levels I have also made a load of bitmap fonts for use in projects in another thread on this board. em.... i have loads of seamless sky textures to post and loads of cube maps as well. The Singularity demo i lost is being re-made and i have plans to re build blastroids in PRO to get more wallop out of it. heck i'm gonna be busy, Helios Rise will also be evolving into other things (defender clone). then we'll have to see what the future brings. one things for sure, i'm gonna be busy making stuff for you guys to check out and rip apart. and that's all that really counts.

cheers all, geecee3.

ps. i just noticed there is a bug in the bounce in fujiboink.
also rendering the camera to a texture is your special effects best friend.
STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 21:26
OMG this is the first time ive seen the pics for helios and Man is that some gooood viewin. I think you should make some screensavers out of elios if you know how

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<>GLADIATOR ARENA<
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 21:39
ojaveda:

i would like to turn them into screensavers, but i don't know how. but if any of you guys know how then i'll post the source material and you's can do it yourselfs.

just gimme a bit of time to get my stuff organized at this end. and i'll post the source for everything i have made so far.(along with the media)

cheers, geecee3.

ps. kind sir Rich has everything set up and ready to go, so i'm on the look out for a webby person who can do a simple but good site. for the space that TGC have kindly provided.(just call me java and HTML useless)
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 22:56 Edited at: 2nd May 2005 23:03
yay! links are teh fixed...

Downloading now...

[edit] nice! Helios Rising was pretty cool! It might end up as my screen saver, lol

Didn't really understand what fujibonk was...is it supposed to be some sort of game?

geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 23:11
hi peter!

no, fujiboink is a demo remake of a demo. that's all. it was the first ever demo i saw on the atari. a long time ago in a......

cheers, geecee3.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 01:50 Edited at: 3rd May 2005 01:50
oh, ok i see ...thanks for explaining!

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 05:18
Firstly, Helios looks great and you've obviously put loads of effort into it and it shows. Is this part of a larger game? What will it be?

Quote: "i would like to turn them into screensavers, but i don't know how. but if any of you guys know how then i'll post the source material and you's can do it yourselfs."

Add a line that ends the program upon mouse move or keypress, then make an EXE. Rename this EXE as .SCR and put it in C/Windows ... then set it as a screensaver!!

Keep up the good work, hope my advice works (can't remember if it does or not)

Dumbo and Cool - 50% complete today!
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 05:40
hi Drew,

Helios Rise is the result of an experiment to get a good wraparound scrolling backdrop for a defender clone. once i'm done with nanopod and a couple of other small things, i'll be turning this intro/demo into a game for you all to play.

thanks for the intrest m8, geecee3.

ps. personally, I think screensavers are a silly idea in this day and age, especially considering how much power a decent computer consumes when it gets worked pretty hard. if it's not being used, switch it off if you can and save the planet, man. even better, get a cheap laptop for scripting instead of using a monster desktop. 90Watts versus 300+, think about it!!.(and i aint included the speakers, monitor and printers and stuff!!!)
dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 05:49
Hey, I would like to do the website . Might be fun. It would have to be in my freetime though.

It has been said that the body is a slave to the mind. Only the mind knows no freedom.
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 06:21
cool m8, it's going to be on a TGC server, so it's got to be nice but simple view and update. you'll have to make a site on your own pc then let me see it. as i can't give out any details concerning the FTP login. The main reason for me not wanting to make it is : i don't know HTML and i dont really want to know it and i really want to concentrate on the making of content rather than site. you'll be given credit on the site and in teh codez. also i would get carried away with myself if i used dreamweaver and you'd need a mainframe just to load the page!!LOL.

thanks m8, have a go and get back to me.

cheerz, geecee3.

ps. the blowing sand effect in helios is just seamless scrolling textures at various distances from the camera. simple the way it should be!
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 09:11
Quote: "ps. the blowing sand effect in helios is just seamless scrolling textures at various distances from the camera. simple the way it should be!"

Does the job well !...hmm you see the dust move from left to right, in your code does it handle when the dust comes from behind you ?...or would the issusion be broken then ?...its an effect i will have to try out soon !

geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 10:02
hi baggers,

using that system, the illusion would be broken and it would look very PS1. I do however have a system that gives very convincing volumetric atmospheres in full 360 degrees without any seaming visible on the tiles (this is not true if another object intersects the effect like all effects and works best for space scenes). volumetric effects are quite heavy on your hardware and can dent performance, you have to use them very carefully unless your target machine is pretty fast and well equiped. helios is quite low on system demands despite the amount of elements that make up the scene. however the GAME that i make using the system will have to be targeted at above average gaming pc's by the time a game ends up in there too, with all it's own effects and code overhead as well as a greatly increased poly count.

once i have finished the nanopod project and can declare it done, i'll be working on another project similar to helios rise as another experiment in wraparound or map tiled landscapes. with teh ehffek that teh app your making needs.

cheers m8, geecee3.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:03:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:03:07