Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Puzzle Game Competition / [LOCKED] Icon Shuffle

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 07:04 Edited at: 29th Jul 2005 17:59
By Mike Smith
DBPro

Match the pattern in the top right of the screen by moving the cursor over the shapes in the bottom left and clicking. Each click rotates the 2x2 group clockwise. With some diligent block swapping you can make the same shape and progress onto the next level. Try to beat the clock and see how far you can get. The blocks change each level to various designs including fruit machine styled cherries, etc

Download: http://72.36.165.83/IconShuffle.zip

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
DEANO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 11:06 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2005 20:44
This is my favorite! best game and most entertaining. The whole game is very professional.

1st place(4 points)

Deano

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge."
-ALBERT EINSTEIN
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 12:39
Great game!

My "everyone else has one so why can't I?" blog: http://www.jeku.com/blog/
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 02:33
One of the simplest ideas here, not terribly original but very very playable.

Lovely graphics on the game screen but why no music? It really suffers without a suitably bouncy tune IMO.

Some lovely little touches too like hiding the tiles when pausing.

The only drawback is that I have no desire to play through the early levels again to get to the harder ones.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 07:03
I really liked this game as it is very simple to play but needs a bit of brain power to master.

I too liked the simple way it hides the tiles when pausing.

I gave you 9th position - shame we can only vote for top 4

K1W1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 16:35
Simple concept(which is not a bad thing at all) & very easy to get to grips with. Nice presentation. Difficulty level builds at about the right rate.
Maybe a little light in the sound dept but doesnt suffer too much from it. Didnt have quite the replay value in it for me, but overall I think you've done a great job.
I'm using up the max amount of time before I cast my votes, but so far this game is in the reckoning as far as I'm comcerned.
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 14:47
This was a well polished game and I found myself playing it a few times to try and get higher levels. I liked the way it started out super-simple and gradually got harder. Agree with fog that a "last level" would have been good to skip the easy levels.

Some things it needed was some different sounds based on the icons used, some background music, and perhaps a tone or beep to signal the countdown if you got under 10. I found the final countdown a little distracting too, but it makes you more nervous and clicking furiously to try and win, so it does the job!

Was this supposed to be the solution to prevent a Bomb from exploding? A neat idea, for sure.

This is going in my voting pile.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 20:14
Time to vote.
Lucky you, I loved this game.
Well done, nice graphics, and not too complicated to understand

- Mind the gap -
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 21:10
Good. Gets a vote from me.

Katie Holmes does not endorse D&C or Drew Cameron.
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 20:09 Edited at: 1st Aug 2005 20:10
Thanks for comments and votes

Just had an e-mail from the editor of the biggest selling game magazine in ... wait for it ... drum roll ... The Czech Republic. They want to include icon shuffle on the free DVD on the cover of the magazine.

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 01:14
Heh, those Czechs featured Duck Hunter 3D on the cover of their magazine without even asking me =P. It's really popular there, even though I can't read their reviews properly.

Once I was but the learner, now, I am the Master.
See my site for amazing games and demos!
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 14:38
I liked this game, it's very much like an idea I had had when this compo started. It's nice, got clean graphics and plays well. However I felt the random move generator at the beginning of each level wasn't that well thought out because a few times I completed a level in only 4 or 5 moves when the game made loads more to mix it up. I also felt the difficulty was a little random, sometimes I could clear a level easily other times I was left with just two icons switched around and really scratching my head on how to sort it out. Definately in my top 10, but not my top 4 unfortunately, sorry.

I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it!

Current Projects: Lemmings Remake & (undecided)
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 15:21
Cool game. Could have done with some background music. Defenatly one of the better games.

Gimme teh votez!!!!
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 01:30
Yeah, it is a good game, playable and looks good. It does get really tough when I have two icons left in the wrong places and can't figure out how to switch them over, although I've managed it with random clicks sometimes.

Once I was but the learner, now, I am the Master.
See my site for amazing games and demos!
Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 17:47
Yes, I agree it is a neat little game. In the case of a puzzle game, I think simple, well designed ideas often work best.
It Wasnt Me
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 18:48 Edited at: 11th Aug 2005 19:53
I really liked this game! I give it my 4th place vote.

Pros:
Nice graphics
Easy enough to be fun (Games like this can be extremely hard! Not that it didn't get hard though!)
Like a Rubik's Cube but easier!
Nice little menus

Cons:
Could use some background music

4 of 53

If it was me, I wouldn't know it.
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 10:54
Pro's:
Great Graphics!
Great Puzzle elements!
Easy to use User Interface.
I love the learning curve - It's great!

Con's:
No music ( really could have done with it! )
Not much replayability, as the level isn't saved, and there's no level codes ( that I can see )

Comments:
I love the graphics, and the simplicity of the entire game, is just great. Everything works, and everything fits so nicely!
Congratulations on a great job, well done!
Here's some Votes...

Second Place!

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
i liked this until the end of the 2nd level. i soon realised that, once you had the technique, passing the levels was easy, after a few more levels i was lacking the feeling of being challenged. shame, since i loved the graphics and thought the game was a good idea.

patito mr
Years of Service
User Offline
i seem to have a problem, that is i cannot get past level 3, i mean i arrange the icons and everything but nothing happens and the clock keeps running... am i the only one having this issue?

the game's very good, swift and simple, potentially fun, although i agree with teh that once you get the hang of what you are to do difficulty certanly drops off

we can force you be free
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2005 16:39
@ Teh Go0rfmiesta - the first few levels are very simple becuase lots of the icons are same. Later levels get trickier though.

@ patito mr - thats strange, does it happen every time you play? if so could you do me a screen shot?

@ everyone thanx for playing, comments and votes.

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.
TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 19:32
i like the concept and the graphics are good fro being 2d.

“A lot of people approach risk as if it’s the enemy when it’s really fortune’s accomplice” - Sting“

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:25:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:25:22