Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Possible DBO bug with FPSC universe.dbo and cull?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 16:59
Hello!

When I load the universe.dbo file into a standard DBPro program, and set the Cull to 1 so it should NOT render polygons that it cannot see, it does.

Now, not changing anything in the code except to point to a different DBO file, say AI.dbo, it works fine.

Is this a bug or my misundertanding? I'm hoping it's my misunderstanding.

-This...is my boomstick!
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 18:24
it's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature.
you could upload the 'universe.dbo' cause it's entirely possible that the backface culling doesn't work because it has a physical double faced mesh anyways because FPS Creator automatically uses Culling on all objects.

would be my first guess anyways.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 18:48
I was wondering why my polygon count was so high! So your telling me that a plain would have 4 polygons instead of 2?

-This...is my boomstick!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 14:41
The universe.dbo produced from either the static object commands in DBPro Basic3D DLL or the FPSC product use special extra data that is currently unsupported in the core library. This means applying core library commands such as the culling command will not always produce the results you expect. For the moment the extra secret commands used by FPSC such as static objects are not supported officially which means you will not find U6 bug fixes for them nor find documentation in the official help system.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 20:47
Any news on when these extra secret commands will be supported officially?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:40:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:40:37