Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Half-Life 2 zombie animated and working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 21:37
Bond, nice work first off. Im wondering if you could give a more coprehensive list of where you get your bip or bvh that you convert to bip at. You did mention a site in a past post but really the animations were kinda lame and nothing like your berserker doing Tai CHi >.<

Also was that zombie "melee"....interested in the script.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 00:07
increible...

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 00:10
can i have the files?
Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
Holy Sh*t! bond1

That is amazing, are we allowed to use this in our FPS games? It's the best zombie for FPSC i've ever seen and the animation is spot on

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah use it at your own risk . The model and skin are Valve's of course. But I spent a whole evening rigging the model and blending motion capture data...so I'm taking some of the credit for its coolness.

I'll put up a link for download in a little while after I zip up all the files.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 02:48
Hey, hoe do you do motion capture, and where is that bezerker??

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 12:22 Edited at: 12th Dec 2005 12:24
Quote: "I'll put up a link for download in a little while after I zip up all the files"

Thanks, bond1

Can you use this character but change the model and things and make different character, but keep the animation?

Then we can use it 100% legally in our commercial games, right?

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
No, you must completetly change it before it's legal to sell. But you can use this one in non commercial games!

FORUM n00b THREAT LEVEL: ORANGE
Some thread revival/spam-Some bad grammar used, stupid questions or answers-No direct flaming
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll post this today, I promise .

To answer a few questions: I saved the altered animation as a biped file, that means I can put this animation on ANY character that I rig in Character Studio.

As far as how to do motion capture, well, you need a million dollar studio to do that. I have collection of premade motion capture files that I got from various places like e-motek.com, and turbosquid,and of course the biped file given to us by TGC.

The beauty of character studio is that it lets you blend motion capture files and create sophisticated transitions. So you can take a walking motion and blend it with a sneezing motion to produce a totally new motion. For this zombie, I also blended the the standard "walking with gun" animation with a limp animation, so now he limps while walking with a pistol.
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 17:34 Edited at: 12th Dec 2005 17:44
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 23:09 Edited at: 31st Jul 2006 00:37
Ok finally, here is a link to download this zombie:

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Vinakro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 02:25
The zombie is way cool! Theres just one problem though, when it dies it appears to be standing for a split-second then dissapears.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Practice makes perfect, but no ones perfect, so why bother practicing?
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 05:45 Edited at: 13th Dec 2005 06:14
Aww crap, I just need to alter the FPE file to change the animation frames, I uploaded the wrong one. I'll fix that right now and let you know when its ready.

EDIT:
Ok, I fixed it. I had some overlapping animation frames in the FPE file. If you don't want to download the whole thing again just open the FPE file, scroll down to "animationinfo", and under "anim11", change 2802 to 2801
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 13:34
hey bond1

if your interested i got all these original counter strike models

if you want to animate them

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 23:32
yeah! Animate the CS models!

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 23:33 Edited at: 13th Dec 2005 23:36
Thanks Templar1, I have a lot of those models too. But after this I think I'll stick to my own original models that can be used without worry in commercial games, which is what most people want I think.

In fact, since model packs are all the rage right now, I'm going to make my own "character pack". It seems we're lacking in good quality character models other than the ones provided with FPSC. Sure you can buy Darkmatter, but unless you can re-animate them they're pretty much just decoration in FPSC.

I'll try to include a good variety, maybe some monsters, female characters (finally!), and perhaps some npc characters that you can drop in. And the regular characters will be fully FPSC compatible, they will be able to hold any weapon and work with any of the fpi scripts included with FPSC.
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 23:49 Edited at: 14th Dec 2005 00:31
i guess

but personally , i doubt anyone will have a big hit in a commerical sold game with FPSC ,but thats just me

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Hehe, you read my thoughts exactly, but the first question that always comes up with a new model is, "Can we use this in commercial games?"

Not trying to discourage anyone, and FPSC is LOADS of fun, but I don't think for a second that I'm going to make anything that can compete with a commercial game company and their teams of programmers, animators, and professional artists. And probably a multi-million dollar motion capture studio.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 09:37
Well if you had a team of artists and programmers, then you would have a chance. You can't expect that you could make the next Halo all by yourself.

Anyways, I've been playing around with the Zombies script. Any chance you might improve it? All my attempts have faied

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 09:58
how do yo uwant to improve it

and Sunflash wouldnt matter if you had the best of the best

the FPSC engine is to limited

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 10:51
Yes, it is pretty limited, but Riker 9 will maker it SOOOOOOOO much better!

I would like the fact that the Zombie statys in one place, but is still playing the walking animation to be fixed. That has been bugging me alot!

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 11:14
completly fine for me

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I would like the fact that the Zombie statys in one place, but is still playing the walking animation to be fixed. That has been bugging me alot!
"

Good lord, yes! This is driving me crazy too, at first I thought it was the model, but it does it with ALL the characters from FPSC.

I am going to try and improve the script, one thing I want to try is random death sequences, kind of hard because the engine uses some internal fpi's that can't be altered without affecting EVERY model, but I think I have a workaround. And some other very cool ideas as well...
Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey bond1, If you could make your own characters and animation that are as good as the half life 2 character you made compatible with FPSC then that would be great.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 19:16
Hey, sorry for my horrible grammer in the above post, it was 1:50 AM, and I was SOOOOOOOOOO tired

himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 19:21 Edited at: 14th Dec 2005 19:22
Ah! Awesome!

But do you know what would be good for areas of improvement?

- A Zombie Attack script
- A Zombie Walk (this would do cool with the Zombie Attack script)
- And a lil' more animation e.g. more death animations, more attacking - attacking with the hand(s) and mouth.

THAT would be SOOO cool!

[i]" You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same "[i]
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 23:05 Edited at: 14th Dec 2005 23:18
well i got the model in but when i run the game it just stands there do i need to put it on "Attack"? How do i do this?

THx

glyvin101
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "well i got the model in but when i run the game it just stands there do i need to put it on "Attack"? How do i do this?
"

You have to put the "hl2zombie.fpi" in your "scriptbank/people" folder. He WILL stand there idle until you get within a certain distance.

Quote: "But do you know what would be good for areas of improvement?

- A Zombie Attack script
- A Zombie Walk (this would do cool with the Zombie Attack script)
- And a lil' more animation e.g. more death animations, more attacking - attacking with the hand(s) and mouth.
"

You don't like the zombie walk I animated? I thought it was pretty good, he kind of shuffles toward you. I'm working on more death sequences and a way to randomize them, right now characters really only have one built in death sequence depending on if they are killed from the front/back/side. This is built into FPSC, but I think I have a way of intercepting this if I make a script that kills the entity before their health reaches zero. I've been successful with early tests, and I think randome death sequences add a professional touch, of course the model will have to contain all these animations...

Quote: "Hey bond1, If you could make your own characters and animation that are as good as the half life 2 character you made compatible with FPSC then that would be great.
"

Working on it... The half life zombie animations are a combination of the standard FPSC animations and my own animations, I've added 2 extra death sequences and a new walking animation.
Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Working on it... The half life zombie animations are a combination of the standard FPSC animations and my own animations, I've added 2 extra death sequences and a new walking animation."

I can't wait to see what you come up with, If possible could you make some more zombies?

Mallex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2005 18:48
OMFG! You made that walk so good! I LOVE YOU!
himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2005 20:43
Eh? There was a script?

I didnt try it out! Sorry

I'll try it out now ...

[i]" You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same "[i]
hax8er productions
Years of Service
User Offline
can u make a allie plz like a security guard or something or if u have a scipt that would be gd ok thx (btw im new 2 this) haha look at him <----

yo wats up
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 06:56 Edited at: 17th Dec 2005 06:56
I really am as blind as a bat when it comes to animating, so I have a question. Firstly, the animating is fantastic, and looks brilliant all round. My question is, is it possible to use these animations for another model? Like, say, Psionic's zombie? I really have no idea how hard or easy this is, but I just wanted a head's up.

Thanks

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes it is entirely possible to use the animation on another character using the biped file I released. The catch is you need 3ds max. And rigging a character is not for the faint of heart, not really that hard, just can be a tedious process.

I'll do the psioniczombie though, I already altered the limp animation slightly for it so it doesn't look exactly like the half life zombie.
Snipa Masta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 20:25
Way to break copyright laws. You'd better hope no one reports you to valve, or else you're screwed.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Bond 1 can you make like resident evil zombies they look gorey huh jiffy i know you played this game befor your logo is chris redfield anyway take a look bond 1 and see want u can make of this picture! [img]

Liz

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2005 04:03
Snipa Masta

your only screwed if you make a game with the zombie and decide to seel the game

other wise its ok

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2005 04:23
Snipa - Indeed, however it is all very shady. I personally wouldn't use the model in a *distributed* game, whether for non-commercial use or not, but for internal, testing and placeholder uses, I reckon it wouldn't be too bad. But I do see your point, and I will only be using the biped files.

And Lizblizz, indeed, my avatar is Chris Redfield; Resident Evil is my favourite video game series, hands down, and REmake is my favourite/

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2005 04:47
as if any people will succesfully sell a game made with fpsc lol

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2005 05:02 Edited at: 18th Dec 2005 08:49
Quote: "Way to break copyright laws. You'd better hope no one reports you to valve, or else you're screwed. "

If anyone want to report me, here's the address:

Valve software
PO BOX 1688
Bellevue, WA 98009
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2005 08:51 Edited at: 31st Jul 2006 00:40
For those who asked , here is the psionic zombie exported with my half life zombie animations, just make sure you have the "hl2zombie.fpi" located in your scriptbank folder to make him play the correct animations.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Snipa Masta
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2005 14:54
TeMpLaR1, you obviously know nothing of law. It's illegal to use it in any other game, despite selling it or not. This is because people who don't have Half Life 2 have access to the model - and of course Valve probably don't want their models used in amateur games.

Internal beta's etc. are fine, I doubt that's even classed as a crime - if you have Half Life 2. Releasing it, however, on a public forum, IS illegal.

I've reported your post to a moderator.
Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for releasing the psionic zombie, bond1

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 09:57
Thanks a bundle, bondy .

Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 00:15
Could you post a copy of the bipod file you used so that I can make some more zombies with it?
Cal Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 12:05
Could anyone make a zobie with an AWSOME script like:
When u shoot it in the arm its arm falls off
If u can e-mail me captainhams@gmail.com
Diego
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 12:10 Edited at: 4th Jun 2006 12:16
I don't think it couldn't be done, and If it could be done then you should make it yourself instead of begging .

-Diego
Visit my website http://www.corrupted-games.coz.in
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 12:10
impossible.

FPSC has no hitboxes so thats impossible and else it should be animated too.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 13:03
Double-mega-major-floozy-of-a-bumpety-bump!

Why did you have to revive this thread, Walking Dead?

Furthermore, Cal Man, why did you have to revive the already month-old-revived thread yet again?

That said, I suppose the zombie may be fairly important to newcomers, but still...

I don't interfere with threads more than 30-40 days old, period. It just clutters up the board with things that are fairly unnecessary and lowering the new and more important threads into oblivion.

But enough of that--like Mastermind said, there is a lack of hitboxes in FPSC and therefore, you can't have limb detection.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
this is the fbi i here by arrest you all for using the half life 2 zombie

just kidding

aaah i see you got grief for this as well bond1 now i understand why i got grief for using segments

i wasent going to sell my creation either and i was going to pack it with fpspack and i still got grief

never mind

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:10:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:10:55